1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Philadelphia PA 2011-12

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Mackman, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

What the heck is going on. 1-3in??? All my snow stuff is still in the weeds. I guess i better get it out. Just in case. Even tho im willing to bet we get nothing.:rolleyes:
  2. Matt10486

Matt10486 Member

on grassy areas it may accumlate to 1-3 they say.. poconos and lehigh valley anywhere from 4-8
  3. GM_Fan40

GM_Fan40 Member

Already had 2 people pass.me today with their blades on. Lol
  4. b-rock

b-rock Junior Member

Im in central PA and they are saying 4 to 8..nothing like getting ready the last minute!!!

I HATE RUST Senior Member
    from PA

philly is now at 3-5, get the blades on and the saws out cause leaves + snow = SH*T storm
  6. b-rock

b-rock Junior Member

Its gonna be wet and heavy!!! Good luck everyone and be safe...Make that money!!!!!
  7. GM_Fan40

GM_Fan40 Member

I feel like if i put my blade on now im just gonna jinx us!
  8. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

Dont worry, i already did. got all 3 pickups ready and working about 3 hours ago
  9. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Anybody wanna help me out in Berks. I've got nothing ready right now.
  10. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

Well after work today I did get mine out and come to find out the solenoid had gone bad from last year. I installed the spare I had and low and behold it works again.
    I have to work at the shop tomorrow so it will stay on the truck and if I have some time there I will clean it up and give it a good look over
  11. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises Member

township was putting on salters n plows today, iv been getting ready for leaf removals, not snow! wtf mother nature! hopefully this is a sign that this winter will be nice n snowy.
  12. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

Says 1-3 for philly. WTF all my mowing equipment is out and none of my equipment is close to being ready?
  13. GM_Fan40

GM_Fan40 Member

Dont worry i put my blade and salter on a little bit ago, so now Delco isnt going to get sh*t outta this storm..
  14. johnyredd99

johnyredd99 Junior Member

* locations...most of central pennsylvania

* hazard types...heavy wet snow...which will be mixed with rain
    for a few hours after the onset near...and to the southeast of
    intestate 81.

* accumulations...5 to 10 inches of snow...with localized amounts
    around 1 foot.
  15. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

The forecast hasn't changed much over night here. I'm in Lower bucks right along the I95 corridor. Were right on the line between a coating -2" and 2-4" but it looks as if there will be little accumulation on the pavement, most will be on the grass and trees..

snowing now in Winchester Virginia along I-81 so its heading your way boys 6:10 am
  17. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises Member

yep, u were right. i woke up today and what do you know my whole lawn is covered!!! O and accuweather.com says theres 6.1in of snow on the way for Malvern!
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  18. GM_Fan40

GM_Fan40 Member

anyone else in Delco have their blades on? The weather reports dont sound to promising for us but what gets me is how it wasnt supposed to get so cold and switch over to snow till later this evening. Good for us maybe?
  19. jeffslawnservic

jeffslawnservic Member

Starting to become a mess up here in NE Philly, its sticking to the streets but it is more slush and ice than anything. Peoples cars are starting to slide around.
  20. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

yep.. we just got calls for a couple places that want salt already, whoohoo! 2hrs ago, one manager was still swearing they wouldnt need anything, i went there in person and he said look... nothing sticking, 1.5hrs later, uh, yeah sidewalks getting bad so need you to come by now lol.