1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ph1 mount for 2013s?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Maclawnco, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Does anyone know if they make ph1 mounts for 2013 trucks? We are looking at 2 2013 fords and would like to keep our old blizzards running. tia

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Unfortunately, now that all PH1 plows except the 8611 full size and the 680/720LT plows have been replaced by PH2, there are no mounts for 2013 trucks. Usually a mount can be easily fabricated by a skilled fabricator ... just keep your old push beam "forks" from your old trucks as it will save a lot of fab time or the need to purchase a new push beam.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Dammit I forgot to call you back today........again. I finally just sat down.

I say worst case, buy a Boss mount and use one of your Blizzard push beams. Worse case you'll have to shorten the beam a little and/or make new thrust arm tabs; but the holes will line up for the push beam.

4. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Bill, great idea. Ill have to do that with all my extra mounts sitting around. Call me when you can - just dont sell my plows. I do want/ need them.

5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Aren't the 2013's Fords the same as the 2011 and 2012? Wouldn't a 2011 PH1 mount fit?

6. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Id suppose that would work. Did they make a 2011 ph1 mount for the ford?

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

The mount from 08 thru 13 are the same.

8. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Thanks Pat....

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

No problem. I've the same western mount on 08,011,012 and 013. It should be the same for the 14's and it appears no major changes on the 15 frame. Western says the 011 mount is different for the diesel and it is. If you shim out a small cooler about a 1/4 inch, the mount slides are in. Assuming the same would be for the PH 1.

10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Damn it! Should've bought a ford I guess...

11. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

We ended up with 2 2013 GMCs. Had to have a magician in Erie do some special work to get the ph1 mounts to work.

12. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Really?

Do you have some pictures, I'd love to se it. Pluse what wasthe xcost to have the upgrade done and how much of the front of the air dam needed to be cut up?

Thanks.