1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Petr51488's Snow Removal Equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Petr51488, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Well, here it is. I'm 19. I own a lawn care business and i do this on the side. The truck is a 98 Chevy Silverado. Great Truck. Then there's my 05 Rubicon with the 52'' blackline plow and the Honda snowblower. Don't mind the wires. They're just temporary. Both are great machines, but i can't say much for the plow because it hasn't snowed yet! The plow gets to about 11'' off of the ground when full raised. This blackline is a pretty heavy plow too. It drops the front down about an 1 1/2 to 2 inches. Depends where you measure. The honda blower.. well, its pretty much a beast. To me, and in my location, it is the best snowblower around that i have used. It can handle just about everything. The only thing i ever had a problem with was when the 21'' snowfall last winter. Comments? questions? -Peter

atv.JPG

atv and blower.JPG

atv down.JPG

atv up.JPG

plow up.JPG

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  2. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

And heres the one of the truck..

truck.JPG

3. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Nice set up!

Mark:bluebounc

4. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Nice plow/blower.

You may want to upgrade those front shocks, Your gonna wear out a lot of CV's with that heavy plow on it.

5. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I just gotta get one of those four wheelers!! I bet it is a load of fun in the snow! Looks great,good luck this season.:nod:

6. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Thanks Guys.. The atv is under warrenty for another 4 years. I wouldn't know about riding it in the snow. I got it in June i believe. I did have these when i was like 9 or 10, until they got stolen. I liked them back then, so i bought my own.

7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Nice set up buddy, your just like the rest of guys waiting for the white stuff.

Best of luck !!

8. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Rubicons are excellent workhorses. Very nice setup. How does it angle?

9. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Nice pete,

The only weak part i see is where it attaches, possibly bending, but im sure youll never have that problem bc its never going to snow lol.

Did you ever get it loaded in your truck? lets see some pics

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

ive always liked those blacklines because they aren't winch operated and are hydraulically angled....VERY nice

11. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Thanks.. On the actualy switch to move it up and down.. theres arrows for side to side. they don't have this option out yet.. so it's as simple as pulling out two pins.

12. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Yea, i was thinking the same thing.. If you notice, there's only 4 "Screws" that the mounting plate attaches to. I don't know how its suppose to hold it. It looks OK for now. If something comes up ill have someone fab up something to make it work.

I hear u on the snow.. lol Nothing cold till at least january.

I did have the truck loaded today but i didn't think of taking any pictures. I am able to fit 1 blower, the salt spreader, the atv, plow, ramps and salt amazingly. The tailgate does stay down though. Its tight, but it's my only choice for now. I'll post some pics when/if it ever snows. - Peter

13. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Sorry to tell you, but they don't make the hydaulic angleing yet. It has the arrows for up and down, side to side, but you have to pull out two pins in order to angle it. The side to side arrowns don't do anything.

14. Chopper0912

Chopper0912 Junior Member

I am the only one seeing it?

I guess that I am the only one seeing their web page right or I might be seeing things. :dizzy: On the main page to there website they have power angle listed as a new option for the plows. It comes in:

Regular Duty - $499.99
    Commercial Duty - $799.99

Also they have a power brush that is coming soon but they don't have it for sale yet. I am just making sure that I am not seeing things. Let me know.

Alex

15. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Yea, your rite. They must of just came out with it. When i bought it in the summer time they didn't have the option. The one in the picture looks stupid because you can only angle it one way. The other side still has the pin style on it. Doesn't make sense to me.

16. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

nice set up you got there are you going to ride from site to site or drive it in the back of the truck

17. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

I will be driving it in the back of the truck. I do half my work here for my customers and the rest i do with my uncle. He maintains condo's and apartments.

18. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

hey pete, one thing i had a q about after watching the video on there website was that does the plow float?

19. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

What do you mean by float? It does have a tremendous amount of down pressure. It can literally lift up the front tires off the ground.... if thats what your asking...

20. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Just out of curiosity is there a problem with the winch operated ones, I just bought one and if you know something I don't I would love to hear. You are absolytely right about one thing, hyd. angled is very nice. :nod: