1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Peterbilt 330

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lars, Aug 17, 2001.

1. lars

lars Junior Member

What do you guys think of this truck. I don't see too many on the road (most likely because of price). I was wondering if anybody had a chance to drive or plow with one of these. It seems to be the same truck as the Kenworth T300, but I like the looks of the Pete better.
  2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I sat in it at the boston truck show and it was nice but like you say the price is hefty on it.It's good for a small contractor owner /operator.It has an aluminum cab will not rust out mayby why they ask more for it.
  3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Well both brands are made by PACCAR so no surprise they are similar. In fact KW and Petes are the only 2 truck brands showing a rise in truck sales for Med and HD markets this 1/4. All others are of by at least 10-25% and Freightliner and Sterling are the two biggest losers. People are finally seeing that those trucks have quality issues.
    As as for plowing couldnt tell you, but very few on this site run trucks that large, however we did have poster last winter that was using a KW for driveways, maybe you can ask him what he thinks of that size truck.
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Ill bet he's still digging out from that 500 inches of snow or whatever in NY that he was moving to.