1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pet peeves

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by AA+ Landscaping, Jan 10, 2010.

1. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

I hate to see snow pile snow on islands. Put your pet peeves here! IMG_0296.jpg

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I hate to see corners not tucked in, lots not pushed to curbs, cart corrals and carts and when shovelers don't give me a shovel width on the pavement where I can get the plow, rolls back onto the walks and they have to go over it again.........
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

contractors not using warning lights while woking on a lot
    dpw drivers going as fast as they can plowing through town to see how far they can throw snow/slop on your freshly cleared walks/lot.
    shopping carts all over the lot

just a few of the top of my head
  4. VPRacing

VPRacing Member

Watching people plow on neighboring lots that dont know how to plow, whipping around, hitting piles at 20mph and have to baby sit them so you know you're not going to get hit by a careless move.

People that drive through the lot you are plowing cause they want to get around a stoplight or take a short cut and disregard that you are even plowing, dont pay any attention to you. Drives me nuts! I plow cautiously and still have had a few close calls where people drive right behind you even though you have warning lights and are the only vehicle in the lot.

When the city doesnt plow my street so I end up having to do it. Doesnt matter how much snow we get, they will not plow it for at least a week. The 16" of snow we got back in the beginning of Dec I had to plow 6 days after the storm. So many people got stuck throughout the week, I'm really surprised it wasnt plowed at all.
  5. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

Things like this piss me of!:angry:
  6. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

people parking there cars behing you while plowing and backing up and almost hitting them! people pulling in when you are plowing:dizzy: and getting stuck on curbs and taking 10 minuets to figure out they are retards!:realmad:
  7. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

When the maintenance guys of a property choose not to clear their walks all day, letting the next shift handle it, they get PO'd and shovel out onto your freshly plowed and salted isle ways.

The very specific breed that uses the canopy entrance of the building as their own person car port when it isn't valet parking, nowhere to be found. Then having to strategically deflect the salt so as to get proper coverage, because the same folks will try to pull a slip and fall.

The folks that have to park in the same spot all the time, because that is "their spot". They park on the pile edge where you just spent an hour or so rolling the entire lot to that corner. By parking there they just screwed 20 or 30 other folks because you can't finish stacking. You can either bury the car, or spend another half hour or so pushing back another way...And after many years of study, I've come to realize that those are the same ones in the ditch w/ the snow covered car w/ the small circle patch cleared from the windshield, bologna skin tires and always complain about road rage.

The 480 LB woman who takes up 3 handicap parking spaces, and still bitches if the pavement isn't black when she pulls into work at 7:00 AM. (I want to write "NO MORE KFC" on the side of her car).
  8. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

shopping carts left in the middle of lots, piles not pushed as high as they could be, stupid emplyees, supprisingly, with my street being an emergency route or w/e its called, they dont plow it, i end up plowing it.
  9. big acres

big acres Senior Member

When people try to walk up to a moving skid steer to talk to the operator.

and cars who cannot wait two minutes for a truck to be finished loading before they get all irrate.
  10. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

opps for got this, every idiot out there with no common sence!
  11. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

I hate when it snows!
  12. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

People that are to lazy to brush thier car off before they leave thier house but they can do it in the parking lot that I have just finished plowing. :gunsfiring::gunsfiring:
  13. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

People who comment on how much snow they got in a weather thread, but refuse to disclose thier location supposibly for privacy reasons........Well, If your gonna comment on how much snow you got in a particlular location in a weather thread, tell where you are or dont comment at all IMO....

People who constantly throw those cheap shots in relentlessly (far past just joking around) to the point where you go from being friends with them, to where you think the guys just a total dik...
  14. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

People who push across streets onto other peoples property .
    Plow truck drivers who drive fast and wreck-less in storms.
    Plow truck operators who have no clue or skill.
    ( But they have a nice shiny new truck and look down on your veteran truck)
  15. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That would make sense. Hoping that Stupid Doody will start and all......

BTW, stop hanging around with GV. He's a bad influence for a young fella like yourself.

How about this, you've got 3/4 of the lot clear, a teacher pulls in to park. Of course "his spot" isn't done yet. But he parks there anyway.:realmad::realmad:
  16. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

kinda like they say. those who can do......... those who can't......teach :gunsfiring:
  17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

They are the worst. I have a friend in that sector, I don't know how he does it everyday.
  18. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

I have lots of pet peeves....mostly detail oriented.

Near the top is when a sub is not there when you need them....

People who need to fuel up two hours into a push....

Just finding out someone plowed the wrong place.....
  19. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

LOL, had that happen 2 days ago... Sure feel like an idiot when the customer calls... Expecially when she says" is your driver an idiot, my driveway is even staked"... He did one 2 houses down the street LOL
  20. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

We plow for a large chain of banks. One of their larger parking lots is connected to a church parking lot, that the bank take cares of for the church thus we plow both lots. Anyway the bank manager always comes in after all of the other employees and feels she has to park in the back corner where we pile all of the snow from the driving lanes of both lots. She will not park anywhere else in the church lot except the corner. There are at least ten spots left where the bank employees are supposed to park. Anyway during the last daytime storm I left all the snow from the driving lanes in the corner until the end and then stacked it after hours. I was on site when she came in and she stopped looked over at me, gave me a look and finally parked in employee parking out of the way. I stopped by while she was getting out of her car and asked her when it was snowing if she could continue to park in employee parking as she was blocking where we put snow. She replied that she had no idea that it was a problem before and she asked why I could not put the snow somewhere else! The one thing I don't get is that the employee parking is 2x closer to the bank!People are so dumb!!:waving::eek::jester: