1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fms, Nov 30, 2005.

1. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

It drives me absolutely NUTS when I'm out in a blizzard and I see someone driving with one swipe mark on the front windshield, the back window completely covered and the headlights covered in snow.

Visibility is huge. I RainX my windshield and side windows, because I think sand and salt washes off more easily with the RainX coating. Every time I get gas I wash the glass, my headlights and taillights. I have two Hella flood lights hooked into my reverse lights.

What are you doing to increase visibility?

2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

I use defrosters....I've never tried rain-x or those fancy heated windshield wipers. I hear they work good though.

3. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

FMS are you in Portland with a White Dodge?

4. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

Yes..........

5. Flask

Flask Junior Member

when people push snow back out into the street!!!!

6. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Ditto flask--Or think we're plowing to slow so they pass us then fishtail to get nowhere in a hurry!:redbounce I have used rainx for three years now and its great. Use both the wipes and the washer. I was going to purchase a set of those heated wipers, but X-mas is coming and who knows what Santa may bring.

7. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

FMS not to change the subject but what are you using that Kubota Machine I saw you hauling a week or so ago? Is that like a tool cat or is like a larger gator type machine? Just Curious, I have the Dark Blue and silver Ford F-350 around Portland.
    maybe we will get some plowable snow soon!

8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

When customers while i'm out plowing to see when I will be there.

9. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

The Kubota has a 6' blade and a Curtis spreader with a 350lb. capacity. I'm taking care of the sidewalks on a few properties on Marginal Way. I purchased the Kubota because I did not think the ATV could handle the battle with the city plows.
    Most of my contracts are fixed price, so I'm hoping for a very dry winter. (sorry)

10. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

It looks like a sweet machine good luck with that.

11. General Grounds

General Grounds Member

:bluebounc now i have customers that think we should wait till the town comes through so they dont have the push back, whats next wiping their asses. then theyll be calling saying the towns done you can come now, yeah right.

12. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

People driving with totally snow covered windows should be given a
    Reckless Operation Ticket. They are endangering everyone else on the road because they are too stupid or too lazy to clean the windows!

Rain X works great I have used it since it came out in this area.
    I carry a good quality window squeegee with me. I clean the windows and mirrors all the time while plowing. It keeps the fogging inside and water drops on the outside to a minimum.