1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pest Truck I Ever Owned

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Jbowe, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Jbowe

Jbowe Senior Member

Best Truck I Ever Owned

This is my 1500 Dodge Ram. One when I was Piloting with it in 1997. This pic was taken on top of Attican Pass on the Haul Road on the way to the oil fields in Barrow. It was 40 below zero this particular day and the climb up Attican had taken over an hr. The pass is 9 miles long from bottom to the top where this pic was taken.

The other Pic was taken yesterday while plowing. I have over 400k on this truck and I still prefer it to my new Ram. Its a 5.9 with all the toys that were available in 1996. The only major repair was last year when I had to put in a new Tranny. You do need reverse. lol

Does anyone know how to resize a Pic. Having trouble with the one I took yesterday. Its way to big

Attican Pass 1997.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Freudian slip there? :jester:
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Dodges are "pests"on the road!:D
  4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

man 40 below and you left that door open...bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

He must have shut it off too?

I don't see an exhaust cloud?

6. Jbowe

Jbowe Senior Member

Shut Off

We were shut down. The tractor had a problem so we were all in another truck except for the pics. I had just finished checking my fluid levels so thats why my truck wasn't running. Mind you I was shut down for less then 10 minutes. By that time it was ice cold again and took forever to get warm. I have made that particular run about 40 times and its some of the most beautiful untouched country in the world. About 80 miles north of this we had a herd of Caribou that ran along side us for about 10 miles. I'll try and find those pics for you guys. Average speed was about 25 mph because of the tractor problems. Other then that it was a great trip.
  7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

When it gets below -15 we put some cardboard in front of the radiator
    for some extra heat.

Were just funnen with you;)

Don't lick any frosty things.lol:eek:
  8. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

everytime i see pics of alaska it makes me want to go there. i knew someone from there once that always talked about it. she ended up staying in the u.s. though said money was scarce where she was from. i would love to at least vacation there sometime. i would also love the challenge of dealing with the terrain and elements. sounds like it would be right up my alley.