1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Personal snow plow insurance in canada..?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by jeffconnell12, Aug 26, 2010.

1. jeffconnell12

jeffconnell12 Junior Member

Hey, I am starting up a small residential plowing company to maintain about 15 homes. I'm wondering the costs and amount of insurance I should purchase. I should mention I am a recent university graduate with a 3000 dollar truck and plow to match, a 2004 honda civic and no other assets to name. I will be plowing in whistler BC Canada, any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. jeffconnell12

jeffconnell12 Junior Member

Insurance, costs

3. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

all i can tell you is this, costs of insurance vary from province to province, and even city to city, so you well need to go in and get a quote. if you are just doing residences $1 000 000 liability is lots, but if you get into commercial go $2 000 000 (and it is pretty standard)

4. Greg-NWO

Greg-NWO Junior Member

I just got a quote today and for once am very happy with my insurance company. 2mil liability commercial insurance on my 2000 Silverado is going to be $851/year for full coverage - just $15 more a year than last year for standard personal use coverage :)

I'm in Northwestern Ontario.

5. KLC777

KLC777 Junior Member

Ontario Insurance

Greg I am in Southwestern Ontario and having a hard time finding insurance.
    Would you mind sharing the name of your insurance company?
    Thanks in advance.

6. Greg-NWO

Greg-NWO Junior Member

Sure, I am with Wawanesa. (The broker I deal with is just a small local company)

7. KLC777

KLC777 Junior Member

Thanks Greg. I'm getting some crazy quotes. I'm just wanting to do some snow blowing with my Kubota over the season. It's looking like it will hardly be worth it in the long run.
    Appreciate your help!