1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Personal and plow truck. Who is using them?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Lucfw, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member

Who uses there trucks all year around as personal trucks aswell as plow trucks? just want to see how many use there truck as work and play trucks. Feel free to post what you have done to your truck and pics.
  2. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

I use my Ford for personal use and for business plowing.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Same here. I get into the closest vehicle at home.
  4. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

Definately use my truck for both. Can't affort to have 2 trucks.
  5. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Yup. Same here.
  6. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

It was supposed to be a dedicated snow plow truck and backup truck. Turned out to be more reliable than the other truck, so it gets used all year for work, and my personal truck.
  7. Gibsonk

Gibsonk Junior Member

04 duramax crew cab. plows all winter and pulls 5th wheel in the summer and a daily driver
  8. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I use my personal rig for plowing and for landscape/excavating duty in the summer. Hopefully this is it's last year with a plow in it.
  9. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Our reg cab plow truck is my brothers daily driver in the summer. We both dragrace our work trucks a few times each season to. We raced our friends 08 z06 with the plow truck this weekend lol.
  10. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I have 2 work trucks for just me...can't afford 3 so I use the wife's if were going somewhere fancy like a corn roast.:D
  11. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

One truck, but is not a daily driver. Just plow truck and pulls the trailer. Usually hooked up to something. When it's not, it sits.
  12. juan91

juan91 Junior Member

my business partner drives the diesel daily and i drive my s10 "estimate" vehicle daily.
  13. Holland

Holland Senior Member

The 1500 does evertything. It gets tested in the summer as my tow vehicle. Has either my tractor or my buddys big block chevy behind it on the trailer headed to pull every weekend. Tractor, trailer and weights- 8600 lbs Truck, trailer and weights- 9300 lbs Sure tests my little 305!
  14. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

my superduty pulls doubleduty, personal play truck in the summer, plow truck in the winter
  15. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

Mine's a personal truck, that gets used in my business.

Plows in the winter, then pulls a 16' enclosed landscape trailer, my boat and car trailer in the summer.

16. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Same here!

We plow with our one fifty all winter; and then it is our personal truck thru the rest of the seasons.Just pulling a Scott Canoe all summer for guiding; But not uncommon to see it hauling a load of firewood up to the top of the rear window; on fall weekends! A friend has a new Chev work truck; and he and I cut firewood ; off his lots; for our lodge and he is always trying to haul more than us; But the Chev only has passenger tires; so that is his limiting factor. We will also put on 40/50 sheets of 1/2" chipboard[45-50 lbs each]??? And bring it home over 45 miles; of Route 6, all the time! Try that with your normal half ton; and see where your headlights point at nite!!!!:OUCH confused:
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  17. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

same here, im in the middle of redoing mine ,new paint ,new parts,and prob redo the plow again this summer
  18. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

Plow in the winter, and tow the boats in the summer. Daily driver all year round
  19. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Mine plows in the winter, and tows this in the summer...

If all goes well, It will be moved strictly to my personal/backup truck within a few weeks.

And will be using it for fun

20. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

Both of my trucks are driven daily and year round. The ECSB has both plows on it right now and is the truck i prefer to go grocery shopping with and take on long trips as it gets the best fuel mileage. The RCLB has the sander in it right now and the girlfriend has been driving that except when i need it. She drives this truck all the time and year round. She is a substitute teacher for several schools around here, none of the guy teachers give her crap when they see her rolling in with a diesel truck and a sander in the bed. It appears she is driving a bigger truck than anything they are driving Thumbs Up.

OOPS, just realized i was in the Ford forum.