1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by INTEXT, Oct 4, 2008.

1. I have been away from the biz for a few years. Based in Cleveland OH.

Permit requirements and laws vary greatly from one city/suburb to another here in N.E. Ohio. Do you ALL obtain permits for every municipality you service - and if so - how the hell to you post the permits in you truck window - my windows will be completely blocked - won't be able to see a damn thing on the road!!!!!

3 guys I know in Cleve do not have, nor ever had, permits for their residential biz - and have never had any issue with the police.
  2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

I am a solon kid myself. i workd for tlc and a couple of there trucks have landscaping permits but just the dumps. And if you have seen all the people out around here during the snow. If you have valid plates and working headlights and brake lights i think your better then 50% of them. I also have a binder in my truck of anything i think id need. Insurance stuff triple aaa card, registration one for the trailer too.
  3. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

How much are they? How much is the ticket? That should help you make a decision on if you get them or not.

If they are required and you don't see them in a truck, report them to the City. That would be up to you.