1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Perhaps a little help please!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BK Hammer, Aug 11, 2008.

1. BK Hammer

BK Hammer Member

Gentlemen, been a silent reader on this site for a couple of seasons now and this is my first post. Two winters ago I bought a snow blower. Made $3000 with that and put every dime and some more into a plow. I bought an 8'6" Fisher Extreme V. I also have Meyer mini tailgate salter. Both work great and I have had no real problems. A couple with the plow, cutting edge breakage and controller. Fisher warrantied those. My plow truck is Dodge Ram 2500 cummins and very solid and well kept. Last winter, I did real well and had about seven contracts. Two of those were with the lumber yards that I bought my construction material through. Great contracts especially when they needed their yards cleaned. So I went on this estimate the other day at a huge church. The square footage I would need to plow 102,000sqft. It consists of three lots and one road that connects them (all asphalt) and mostly clear of obstacles except for a couple of light poles each. Now, the front lot of the lumber yard last year measures 52,000sqft. I could plow that lot in two hours with four inches on it. I figure it will take four hours to plow the church and I charge 125 per hour. Now they want a yearly price and I worked it out over twelve plowings and come up with about 10,200 dollars for the season. This price also includes salt and no sidewalks. I figure I would cut the price down to 9,500 per season if they signed a three year contract. What do all of you with experience think? I don't think I am low-balling and last year we had about eight plowable events and one salt event all though I put salt down almost after every plow at $1.00 per pound spread. Thanks a lot! P.S. Don't bash me too hard. Oh what the hell, I can take it!