1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Performance Parts for SD

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Chrisxl64, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

I am having a tough time finding a selection of,or any performance upgrade parts for that matter for my 05 350 gasser (5.4) anybody have links or anything to offer?

2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

what do u have in mind? exhaust? intake? chip?

3. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

hey chris where are in u in CT anyway i see ur a FF

4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

New haven county,,,and anything thats available i wouldnt midn looking into at a min a an intake.

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I run a Hypertech programmer and a K@N filter- probably good for about 20HP and you can firm up the shifts as well. Your motor is a three valve I believe so you may be able to get about 35 HP out of the programmer. Easy and fairly inexpensive mods.

6. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

an intake and exhaust will help. and hey if u want to get crazy a 5.4 lightning supercharger will bolt directly to your motorwesport

7. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

im glad to see there is finally a programmer for 05 and up last fewtimes i looked into it,,,no luck,,,,does anyone know of an intake for it? Cuz the stock system looks restrictive as fudge

8. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

I have an 06 5.4 gasser, I have a K&N Air charger kit, Power Pro Programmer, and 4.56 gears...not quite like the diesel I had, but still does a damn good job since the upgrades...I dont make a habit of it, but after a programmer install...a brakestand trial is essential just to say ya can, and it lit up the tires..and now I drive slow as all $%&* so I dont have to buy new tires...there are plenty of parts for performance out there for yours and my trucks...just have to know where to look, send me a PM and I can list some sites for ya..good luck upgrading!

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

haha i cut my catalytic converter off and boy did it give it power and the exhaust has a nice mello sound to it now :)

10. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

x2 on the cat. ive never had a truck with a cat

11. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

hmmmmmm no cat sounds like an idea, especially since in CT commercial registration doesnt go to emissions.

12. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

exactly just register it commercially and no problem

13. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

already is, they reg'd it commercial when i bought it

14. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

Could drop a high performance powerstroke or cummings in it...y no? Jk, that would be cool tho, Def best bang for that truck is a good chip, an intake and exhaust, plus synthetic oil in the engine, trans and diff would be cool also. Good luck

15. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Summitracing.com --- Order the catalog too, they have all kinds of stuff for Trucks / Jeeps.

16. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

INTAKE
    EXHAUST
    GEARS
    TRANS_GO SHIFT KIT
    and the only programmer worth buying SCT LIVEWIRE

17. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

ya sct makes the best tunes around