1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Performance Aspiration ?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by captbo, Dec 31, 2009.

1. captbo

captbo Senior Member

I would like to know if a cold air intake and a reduced restriction style muffler ( flowmaster) can make Thanks

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Gas or diesel? Either way you will see little power or mpg gains. In a diesel it might drop your EGT slightly if you have a true cold air intake. Im guessing gasser though since you said Flowmaster.

But what are you really asking about cause you cut yourself short.

3. captbo

captbo Senior Member

Sorry I was out to lunch I guess,! Its a 1992 Bronco with a 5.0lt EFI gas engine,auto trans, its all stock and I am looking into some mild performace modifications , , The exhaust can be other then Flowmaster it just came to mind quick

4. svt2205

svt2205 Member

If he's asking in reference to a diesel, then ignore my post. I've not yet owned one. But if you're thinking of spending money on a CAI and a Cat Back Exhaust and expecting real performance gains.

CAI's often cause lean conditions on most gas engines. Some years and models are more suseptable to this. To get any real gain from a CAI, other then noise, you will need a tuner with custom tuning that adjusts fuel curves and all to take advantage of the extra air. Then theirs the cat back, it's really not going to give you much more then extra noise. At least it doesn't create the lean condition the CAI can. Be careful positioning cat back tail pipes, as some run kind of close to the spare tire.

The short of this is. Don't waste your money.

5. captbo

captbo Senior Member

SVT2205, Thanks I do not need to lean the motor up and burn any pistons
    All the best Bo