1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Perfect Storm 2012 looks likely now

Discussion in 'Weather' started by rob guarino, Oct 25, 2012.

1. rob guarino

rob guarino Member
    from AZ

2. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

What's it look like ad far as inland snow? Particularly Western PA?

3. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

4. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Well,

I guess I'll have extra gas for my generator, new saw blade for the chain saw, about 50 cases of bottled water, and a spare girlfriend on hand, just in case my wife gets picked up and taken away like Dorothy and Toto...

I've got 3 dogs so losing one of them won't be that dramatic.:p

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Now that's being preparedThumbs Up

6. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

The weather channel is really revved up for this one. The word "unprecedented" has been used a lot.

7. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

I would love an early winter storm but lets be realistic here. Even if it hits DE, NJ, NY, etc it's not going to be a snow event. MAYBE for the higher elevations and to the west but for the coast to the middle inland areas it will be rain. Could be real nasty rain and wind, but not snow. That being said, I will listen more closely as it gets closer to the time and I plan on getting my generator ready as a just in case.

8. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

Sounds like a really big wind and rain event for CNY. The storm tracks on the weather channel bring it right through here.

One good thing is we don't have many leaves on the trees now. They can handle a lot of wind without leaves.

9. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Let's face it....

The weather channel is the most successful reality TV program ever made.... well, except for mork and mindy, but I digress.

Bad weather means HUGE ratings for TWC, as everyone, including grandma watches it. Hell, I think my dogs watch it, and force the cats to do the same.

Lets just hope it moves out to sea, as it's not going to produce any snow here anyway.

10. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

So what your saying is I should call them up and ask how much it would cost to run a 30 sec, commercial for snow removal for my business in NEPA. payup

11. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

These hyped up storms never do anything

12. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

A lot of fish at the flemish cap, and a lot of weather too! LOL! I love that quote from the movie!

13. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone have any idea what it might be like in Southern Vermont? Maybe worse than Irene was, and hopefully a lot of snow for the guys up here.

14. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

You never know could be bad!

remember storm 2-3 months ago that was going to hit NC and it was not as bad as they predicted it was going to be.

15. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

I have an electric chain saw. I'm all set. :D

16. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

I have an electric chainsaw and a generator.

17. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

18. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Well, I'm always totally screwed, so it's nothing new to me.....:nod:

BTW, I cleaned out my gutters today, and put two extensions on my leader drains. Do you think it can now handle 10" of rain in a 24 hour period ?

Our governor (you know him as the fat man) made the statement that NO Electrical repair companies are to be out there in the storm while it's under way. He doesn't want any casualties (dead electrical contractors) from Sandy's wrath.:salute:

I don't think that's fair..... Didn't the british send in the Irish ? I mean, WTH ? Doesn't anyone believe in knocking off a few hard working fellas to make sure that old ladies can watch Judge Judy ?

:eek:

19. Len90

Len90 Senior Member

Yeah just remember he is the first person to ever open the flood gates and drain the reservoirs in hopes of easing flooding. The storm that is coming is nothing to joke about for us in NJ. I usually enjoy tracking the storms and this thing has me worried... more worried than I was with Irene 14 months ago.

20. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Yeah,

And I live along the coastline, so, I'm getting the worst of it.

Hopefully it's not going to be as bad as they're making it out to be.
    :cry: