1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

perfect push snow removal picture thread

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by thesnowman269, Dec 25, 2014.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

it has been a good amount of time since I posted any pictures of my trucks. been slowly adding to the fleet. so here I go. started out with a 98 f150 that I bought for $1000. I traded that for my favorite truck, a 94 f350 7.3 idi 5speed. drove here for a few months. plowed with her all winter. Picked up a pull plow that was missing the hydro pump for $350, bought a new pump for a few hundred more. I will never plow with out one again. after winter I found a great deal on a 2002 f250 cclb with a blown motor. just so happened I had a motor laying in the corner of the garage from dismantelling the truck in my sig. picked her up for $1900. it was a deal I couldn't pass up. she is now my daily driver and the 94 f350 has become full time plow truck. a few weeks ago I found another great deal on a 2002 f250 with only 117,000mi for $1400. needed a new rear axle and a bed. already had the plow mount and most of the wiring installed. just another deal I couldn't pass up.

f350.jpg

pull plow.jpg

f350 winter time.jpg

parts truck.jpg

towing.jpg

2. thesnowman269

I will get some pictures of plowing once it starts to snow here in north east ohio

crew cab.jpg

trucks.jpg

ext cab.jpg

3. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

can I see pictures of them nighthawks how they are mounted?

4. thesnowman269

Yes I will get some pictures of the brackets. Just some angle iron with a tab welded to it...

5. xgiovannix12

I always wanted to put the nighthawks on my head gear I just kept thinking they would look big and goofy. :confused:

6. thesnowman269

they did look big and goofy on my old f150. however the extra light output was certainly worth the somewhat goofy look.

f150 western plow lights.jpg

7. xgiovannix12

8. thesnowman269

I do not recommend those lights at all. they typically come on the newer snoway plows and are complete garbage. constantly falling down. the back access panel has a tendency to fall off. leaving the internals exposed. again I do no recommend those lights to anyone.

9. xgiovannix12

ive been trying to find someone who had em to see the quality before ordering them. I guess you just answered my question :laughing:

10. xgiovannix12

I think they would look better with light extensions. I made a set for mine. they look so much better on your older ford for some reason.

11. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Back panel has screws holding them on shouldn't fall off I have set since 09 no problems

12. thesnowman269

A lot has changed in since I last updated this thread. Ive since gotten rid of my 94 F-350. After the last storm of the 2014-2015 season it had developed a large amount of play somewhere in the transmission. So it was time to go. I ended up selling it to someone who lived in PA. they destroyed the truck with their bad taste. I'll post a picture of what it looks like these days. After the 94 was gone the weather started to get warmer. The perfect time to paint in your garage! So I found a bed for the 02 Ext cab F-250 and started to paint it. I messed up terribly when I did this the paint came out looking like an orange. I was so worried about having the metallic in the paint run that I went way to fast and didn't spray the paint properly. I later learned you should never use a metallic single stage paint if you don't know what you are doing. :angry: The Ext cab was starting to eat every cent I had, and decided I better find a way out before I was stuck with $6000 into a $3000 plow truck. I began to look for options on trading it for something else I could use. A friend of mine at the same time had a 97 F-350, he believed was having transmission issues and needed a new trans. So I figured I would stop by and take a look. It was a decent shape (for a work truck) 97 F-350 cab and chassis 4x4 with 120,000mi on a 7.3. It was formerly a dump truck used by a local tree company for firewood deliveries. He had taken the dump bed off and placed it onto another truck he owned and put a regular pick up bed on the 97 I was looking at. It looked like crap, drove like crap, even smelled like crap. But it ran good and i saw potential. Convinced him to throw in another truck he had sitting around and I would trade him for the Ext Cab w/ a plow. so the deal was struck. After some investigating and a lot of reading I found that the transmission problem the 97 F-350 was having was all electrical. there was a broken wire for the Rear vehicle speed sensor. After splicing it back together it drove great! :mechanic: But now I needed to find something else for a bed. After about a month of looking I had started to give up. Nothing I found was worth buying for the price they were asking. While everything worth buying was far to much money. But after waking waking up on a Saturday After noon I went on Facebook and there it was! the perfect Flatbed for the perfect price! Someone was selling it on a Facebook page that I followed, I went and picked it up that day. Meanwhile I had also acquired an 86 f350 4x4 C&C w/ a 7.3 idi in the trade for the ext cab. It was in rough shape and had a redneck rigged dump bed system on it. I happened to find a man selling an 87 f350 with a clean cab and a decent dump bed in Pittsburgh for $700. Thought perfect that will be a nice winter project with little investment and Ill have a decent little dump truck around. Off to Pittsburgh I went in a terrible rain storm the entire way there. Upon arrival in Pittsburgh I found the truck he was selling was anything but a 1987 f350, but instead a 94.5 F-Superduty. Handed the man his money signed over the title loaded it on the trailer and off I went. My plan had quickly changed, as I was no longer swapping cabs or beds around. The F-Superduty is in great shape aside from fenders and some dirt as it has sat around for 5 years (due to a clogged fuel filter and fuel return line the man stopped driving it). These truck where built on a 4x4 chassis and used a 4x4 transmission to accomidate the e brake set up ford had designed for those trucks. Time for an axle swap! At this point in time I have had the F-Superduty running once. It will need some new injectors glow plugs and other minor things. Ive since cut the 86 f350 up for parts to put into the F-Superduty, Rebuilt the Dana 60 King pin and I am in the middle of rebuilding the rear axle. Which I believe is a ten lug dana 80? It has a detroit locker and matching gears to the front axle. But that is where I am at today. Waiting on some nicer weather to get the dump truck going with axle swaps

flatbed and dump truck.jpg

dump truck after.jpg

f250 painted.jpg

flatbed and crew cab.jpg

13. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

old fleet wesport

14. thesnowman269

I'm not to much of a fan for the newer ford trucks. I've had a few issues with my 02 F-250. These old Fords are cheap and tough wesport

15. thesnowman269

here are a few pictures of the 86 while I was taking it apart. and a few more pictures of the Ext Cab

86 and crane truck.jpg

86 cut up.jpg

ext cab painted 2.jpg

ext cab with bed.jpg

16. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

You're not a fan of the new ones, but you keep trading the old ones for other old ones every few months. There must be a reason for trading so often, right? If you had a new one you could drive and plow with it for YEARS before you ever started having issues, and it would look nice as well.

17. thesnowman269

Yes you are correct. I could go out and spend a few thousand on a newer truck that could last me quite a few years problem free. But I am trying to keep my initial invest some what low while I Build a business. So that I am able to invest into other aspects other then vehicles. Is this the best approach? Im not sure but its the one I am able to take at the moment.

18. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Your wrenching time and the aggravation of all the horse trading (even if you like both for some reason) are worth money! No, this is not the best approach. With all you've done you could have a nice newer truck and a decent back up. There is way more to building a business than just putting trucks together. You should be working on acquiring customers, accounts, and contacts a lot more than working on trucks. This fleet is kind of a mess and gives the impression you have more of a hobby than a business. Why is the Meyer headgear falling so far forward on the gray truck?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    cjames808 likes this.
  19. thesnowman269

once again things have changed. Took some advice and changed a few things. Bought two newer trucks for this season. The crew cab is my daily driver when I'm not working, also use it to meet with customers. the new flatbed is my daily work truck. tows my new (to me) cargo trailer with all my carpentry/ remodeling tools. nice to be able to load mat 05 crew cab.jpg new flatbed with mvp3.jpg

ScubaSteve728 likes this.
  20. thesnowman269

I might as well post a few summer time work photos as well barn build 3.jpg Barn build.jpg barn build 2.jpg Custom shower pan.jpg Deck build.jpg Kitchen Remodel.jpg

leolkfrm likes this.