1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Perfect place to mount my salter controller !

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Eyesell, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I hate having stuff mounted all over the place in my truck, so I finally found a spot to mount the salter controller, kinda clever :nod: the compartment closes perfect when not in use, outta site outta mind :p

HPIM0959 (Small).jpg

2. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

Very slick. Nice Job!:salute:

3. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Nice and concealed.

4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

haha you put your salter thing in your butt-hole LOL i mean ashtray

you'r right that is kinda clever, i don't have any ford's are the aux switches for just anything? where are the pigtails from the switches (ie. under the hood, headliner like for a emg light?)

5. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

i have an 08 550 switches 1 and 2 are 30 amp 3 is a 10 and 4 is 15 amp

all pigtails are right under steering wheel they have also included 4 pass thru wires so no more poking holes in the fire wall

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I have one hooked up for my roof light bar, one for salter lights, and one for LED's, last has nothing at this point.

7. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Nice job. The Aux switches is one of Ford's best ideas IMO.

8. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Perfect spot -- uses one of the most ridiculous features in a vehicle, one that to my knowledge has NEVER been used judging from all the buttheads that throw their crap out the window into my environment.

9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Great place for the controller

i also like the AUX switches, is that an add?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  10. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Great installation job!!! I think the factory brake controller & switches are an awesome add from the factory.

11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

That is a pretty good idea.

12. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

That is cool, jealous that my truck doesn't have that:cry:. Any idea if you can get something like that aftermarket? I have been looking for something clean like that for my Dodge.

13. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

14. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Hey thanks, one of those could probably work just great and don't look cheesy......Now I just need to get a few more things to hook up to them:rolleyes:

15. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Painless makes excellent products. I have been using them on everything from our plow trucks to motorcycles to race cars and all of their stuff is top notch!

16. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Now that's nice.