1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Percentage increase for snow fall increase?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Littlefield, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Littlefield

Littlefield Junior Member

For my spreadsheet, how much of an increase over a base price on a lot at 2-3.9, would you add for each additional 2 inch snow? 10% more? 20% more?

Or am I looking at a 50% increase in time for each additional 2 inches like I've seen some suggesting?

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I used to price all my lots by the inch. When I did it was a 50% increase every 2 inches. I still have most of the lots that I priced by the inch, I now however price everything by the push with a 2 inch trigger. Being down south, and having snow plowing equipment, I would imagine you can name your own price, I would be sure to make that price high enough to pay equipment off every season. So by pricing it by the inch, you are effectivley leaving money on the table. By pricing by the push, with a 2 inch trigger, you get to charge the same amount for each push, so instead of a 50% markup, you have a 100% markup for each 2 inches of snow.

3. Littlefield

Littlefield Junior Member

Thanks. Good to hear something encouraging, I was thinking maybe this was going to be an all uphill battle to get this moving down here.

Thanks again for the input!