1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

per push

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by dekalbplowing m, Nov 1, 2007.

1. dekalbplowing m

dekalbplowing m Junior Member

Hey everyone I hope you had a good summer. This year alot of my clients are pushing for a per push/per trip charge instead of my "by the inch method" Do alot of your customers prefer per trip as well? Thanks guys.

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

the guys i know around here go by the push, generally something like 1-4" ...4-8" then 8+ ".

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Here in MN I have never heard of anyone using the per inch method of billing... everything is either per trip or contracted by the month.

4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Per push or hourly for me here in Iowa

5. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Per push or seasonal contract (based on per push x # of events)

I like knowing the price of something. I don't want to argue with a customer about the depth of the snow and I charged too much. Nor do I want to argue about what time I got there and what time I left to charge by the hour.

My truck (as all or yours can also) can handle just about any amount of snow for a driveway. If it can't, I got there too late in the storm and that's my fault. So 1-4", 4"-8", 8"- >" doesn't make sense.

Commercial is a different story all together.