1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

per push price ?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by vmj, Nov 12, 2015.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I have always priced my commercial lots by the inch.. Im priceing a lot now that a guy always did him self, and hes not sure how he wants it priced.. I have my numbers for by the inch (1-3 4-6 ) My question is how to price it as per push, I guess 2-3 and a final plow... Wondering if per push price should reflecte the 1-3 price I have??
    thanks

2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I would do it 2-3" and a final push for clean up. How big is the lot and what would your 1-3 price be for the lot?

My family owns a 16 unit (with 4 small commercial units) that requires 1.5 spots per unit or something like that (so around 30 spots) and we pay $120 for our lot and sidewalks every 3"

3. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

??????? wow

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I would quote a per push based on your 4-6 time. Just don't word it 4-6. Word it as per push without the measurement. Then typically you would be making money on the smaller pushes to make up for the larger, it should even out.

5. awhip

awhip Member

What would you charge for a 6" push for that lot? Id use that as a price. Most customers i have that "aren't sure" are concerned about paying to much, and don't want it to be plowed at only two inches on a perpush plan. So i always give those folks a higher price.

6. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

im at 900 for my 4-6.. its basically two separate lots.. if I were to push this at 900 every two to three inches during a storm.. I don't think they will pay that.. I guess this is why im not understanding this per push pricing...

7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

If you price it 1-3 just make sure that you're showing up at every 1-3 and bill for it. Make sure he understands this as for some "per push" translates to per event.

8. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

my 1-3 for storm is 600. if I am to do it per push on a 2-3 trigger should I be billing 300 for each visit..? also if ther is more snow then 3" at end how do u bill that or not ?

Snowboss7 likes this.
  9. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Bidding

We offer a snow estimating package the calculates time and material based on your equipment size and use rates. Check it out at www.profitsareus.com. Put our 36 years of experience to work for you. Call me if you have any questions 800-845-0499. We've been a sponsor on here for many years.

10. fast*st

fast*st Junior Member

This per push is a little new to me as well, I'm picking up two more residential customers who want a per-push rate as that's what they have been paying. I generally charge per storm up to 12" and up to 24 hours, so I can go back as many times as I want and baby my truck along. I've just retired my 1989 250 with 560k miles on it. I'd rather push a few times gently than have to grind through 3' of slop in one shot. BTDT. So it sounds like the goal is charge 'per push' and leave the trigger amount something reasonable, 2-3 inches per pass?

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'll say it,go seasonal.

12. fast*st

fast*st Junior Member

you sure said it :) Seasonal guys in newengland got slaughtered last season. 3x the normal amount of snow.

13. grandview

Ya, but how many times did they go out?

14. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

3x the normal amount. I had a good amount of seasonals that were great all December and January when it didn't snow. Then Mother Nature made me her bish in February.

15. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

And how many times you guys been out this year? You should be making it up this year.

16. grandview

This means nothing. What is your normal pushes for the season and how many in Feb did you do?

17. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

If you really want actual numbers, I pull it up tomorrow and post up

18. fast*st

fast*st Junior Member

well, for Feb, probably 5-6x the normal amount, Dec was about normal and Jan was low but multiple 1' plus storms, up to 3.5 feet with drifting, not a bundle of laughs.