1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Per Push Per Price Method

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnowBusters_, Sep 26, 2011.

1. SnowBusters_

SnowBusters_ Junior Member

Hey all I am just a bit confused on the idea of "per push" method, like i get the trigger, inches and all that jazz but I can't wrap my head around the idea on how long or short do you push for? what if its a short push? what if its a long push? Please enlighten me!

Thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Some times I push short sometimes long, but I prefer the rhythm method

3. SnowBusters_

like dont you charge the amount per push? even thought its a short or long push?

4. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Per push......every time you service the property you get paid the agreed upon price. You may have a discounted price for special occasions such as a discounted price when only plowing drive lanes during business hours and another price for servicing the whole lot after hours.

5. SnowBusters_

oh ok. so this is what i am thinking if i get a light comerical lot and its about 2" high, do i just charge by how many pushes i think will clear the lot by the rate of the 2" im charging?

6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

HAHAHA:laughing:

7. buckwheat_la

I think you are getting a couple terms mixed up. Per push, means per time doing the lot. A long push, means a long straight line across the lot. A short push is just a short distance across the lot. By the way welcome to Plowsite, nice to see another Albertan on here.

8. SnowBusters_

lol alright thanks! well i was just mixing up the term of per push and per inche method? I get the point of the long and short distance prety obvious but when you say "Per push, means per time doing the lot.", thats pretty much like per occurence method im assuming? then what is the per push per inche method then?

Yea nice to know theres an Albertan on here too, didn't think I would see one!

9. buckwheat_la

There are 6-7 Albertans on here on a regular basis. so per push is doing your lot 1 time. Now if you do a lot at 2inches, and at 12inches, it well take longer to do it at 12 inches, so the pricing is higher.

Example

1-3 inches $100/push
    4-8 inches $150/push
    8-12 inches $200/push

1 push doesn't necessarily mean once a snowfall either. If my trigger is 2 inches then I try to get out every 2 inches, and if there is more then 2 inches, I don't charge more because it is up to me to get out there when there is 2 inches. However if a client makes it so I only service them once a day, and there is 2 inches one day, and 12 inches another day, you are damn straight I charge them more for the 12 inches

10. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

I charge $.50 an inch

11. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

i dont care where ya from...thats funny

:laughing:
    I like your style grandview not the motion of the ocean:laughing::laughing::nod:

12. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

??

WHO THE HELL IS AL BERTAN:confused:

13. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

How does that work out?

14. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

silly

one inch at a time!

15. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

About as good as the current stimulus plan

16. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

I've always thought that per push sounded low class, I have always used terminology per visit.

17. buckwheat_la

You must know him, he is a close relation to KEN TUCKY

18. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't forget his brother Just in case.

19. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Also, he has a cousin, BEN DRINKIN!!

kevlars

20. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member