1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Per Push or Snow total Billing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jschmitz93, Jan 12, 2012.

1. jschmitz93

jschmitz93 Member

Quick back story. I work a full time 40 hour a week job. I plow snow on the side. I have a few of my own accounts and I sub for a friend from time to time (as much as I can). My Job is pretty flexible with my plow schedule. I pretty much need to be here 8-4. But if I have to run out for a bit its ok as long as I get my crap done.

So anyway on the the question. I have one of my accounts that I bill by the total amount of snow. It is a gas station and liquor store. So for 2-4 is for one rate then 4-8 is another 8-12 and so on. And I explained to them in plan English (maybe since it is not there 1st language is why they done understand) how the billing works. They seem to think that since I would stop and plow before work and then finish up later at night I was overcharging since they were being billed twice for a 6" snow.

Is there any one else that bills this way? Does it even make sense to bill this way? If you do bill this way do you have problems like this? Any other thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

2. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

It shouldnt matter how many times you stop there. Your terms are clear. There bill is dictated by the total accumulation regardless of how many times you stop there. If its an overnight storm and you wait until 10" are on the ground but only hit it once it will take you longer to do therefore the amount is higher. Good luck with the language barrier. The only confusion I have is why were you billing them twice? It should be one bill for a 4-8" snowfall rate.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Make a deal,that's what they like. Tell them you will bill them 1 1/2 time equal to what a 4-8 would be no matter how mush snow falls.

4. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

you didnt tell them in the right way . per push is what you need 2 tell them not per inch

5. jschmitz93

jschmitz93 Member

I didnt mean to say bill them twice I meant the 4-8 rate. Although it is basically billing them twice. 5 or 10 difference.

I thought that I was pretty clear when explaing it to them but just be sure I had a 30 min long conversation with them this fall. I think that he understood but I dont know for sure.

The problem happened last year and I think that they were just upset since we got a but pile of snow plus it was an account that I picked up middle of the year last year and I think they were confused. Works out better for them in the long run. Some days I was there 3 or 4 times and they were only billed for the 4-8 snow. Granted there was only one complete clean up the others were just to clear parking and the drive. Some times I just dont think people understand what it takes to run a truck and plow.

So maybe next year I go per push. Who knows.