1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

per push or per inch

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clncut, Aug 17, 2004.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Im playing around with my contract and was wondering what is the best way to charge for residential plowing?

Do most of you do per inch and charge varying prices for different amounts of snow per visit (if needed)

Or do you do per push, charge the same price for any amount of snow and just charge for how many times you may have serviced the property depending on the storm.

Any replies would be a great help since I have to have this bid in by the Thurs. I currently have the contract as a per inch price but was thinking maybe per push may be better?

2. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

I charge per push. I usually have a 4" trigger. I have a few customers that want me come out every time it snows. If we get a lot of snow I will go as needed.

3. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

anyone else care to share?

4. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I go with per inch. If it snows 6 inches on a sunday, then some of office buildings are closed and I can get way with one push, but charge more for more snow. On the other hand, my restaruants need to be plowed all the time, so it levels out. Per inch is the best way, I think, if you haven't been plowing long, because you haven't been around long enough to figure up good pricing. Just my $.02

5. jbrow1

jbrow1 Member

I always went per push. I would go out at 2 inches or more. People (not parking lots) seemed to not mind if I waited until it quit snowing. But anything after 6 inches was double charge. Rarely that we get that anymore where I'm at in Michigan, but sometimes. Some people would complain at a double charge. Most of those few would understand after I explained to them. The ones that didn't I dropped the second charge, then dropped them for the next year.

6. bcf

bcf Senior Member

I've been charging per push, with different rates starting at 6" and 12". I tried breaking it down even more, but seemed people didn't want to bother with more numbers.