1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Per-Push Contract

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by POWER STROKE, Nov 13, 2010.

1. POWER STROKE

POWER STROKE Member

I am rather new to the snow industry and was wondering how you guys collect money on your residential for Per-Push accounts. Do u guys collect money when job is complete or just invoice them every 15 days or so. Thanks in advance for any help or input.

POWER STROKE

2. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

hummmmmmm...

3. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

We knock on the doors at 5am and demand payment after each service!!!! LOL If you are going to take your business seriously, then you need to provide contracts that state your billing policy. Most companies bill at the end of the month and provide 15 to 30 days for payment. That can be almost two months after the service is provided if you plow at the beginning of a billing month. Don't expect residentials to pay on time all season. Put a late fee policy on your contracts! Those, of course, are the per time customers and not the seasonal contracts.

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

For the past 17 or 18 years, I have always billed on the first of each month for all services rendered for the previous month. I then have a 15 to 30 day grace period 15 for resi's, 30 for commercial to pay in full. This year I am going to attempt something new. I am going to bill the 1st, and the 15th. My thought here is if my resi's don't build for a full month first, maybe I will hear less excuses, and or complaints when the bill is due. If it doesn't work, then I will go back to the orginial way next season.

5. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

Let us know how that goes

6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

We bill right away

Rather res. or commercial the bill is sent immediately after completion of the event. Many years ago we would bill at month's end but we were waiting to long for our money and our clients got selective memory on certain events.

They may still hold invoices and write one check, but changing our billing timing certainly increased our cash flow. It works for us.

Good luck.