1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Per Inch Rates

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JWC, Oct 4, 2005.

1. JWC

JWC Junior Member
    from MA

Hi,
    It is great to find out about this forum.
    I am trying to convert my last years Snow Time and Material Prices into per inch prices. Any advise or reading on how would I do that for New England Area is greatly appreciated.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Go to the top blue bar. Click on "Search". Type in "Pricing". Many related posts. Click on post titles that look interesting.

3. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't do it per inch. My suggestion would be 0-4, 5-9, 10-4 or some combo like that.

If you get into by the inch depending upon how big an area you serve you will be measuring at every job and you run the chance of having to prove or dicker with each and every customer. This way here you cover the spread, cost it out at the high ebd of the spread and you will be all set.

Figure that at 0-4 you will service some where between 1- 2.5 times depending on the customer, storm timing, and how you do things. Then figure that at 5-9 you will be somewhere between 1.5-3 complete services etc... everything really depends on you and how you run your shop.

4. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

BIG DOG IS RIGHT THATS THE BEST WAY. BUT I WOULD GO THREE TIMES BUT THATS ME. :waving:

5. greenpastureslc

greenpastureslc Junior Member

You've lost me on this one. Are those figures per storm?

6. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

If you have a lot and you figure that for a 4'' storm it will take you 1/2 hour to plow it and you charge $80 an hour you would wan to price it between $40-100, @ 5-9'' you would be somewhere between $60 & 120.

I am not suggesting you use these figures I am providing them as an example. You need to determine how much per hour how long you think it will take to service it once fully, then you figure out how many full services you would most likely do for each of your incremental "inch steps" ie. 5-9''. 10-15'', 16-22''..... so on and so forth. Good Luck! It isn't as complicated as it sounds.