1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

per hour pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by cdt property, Dec 17, 2013.

1. cdt property

cdt property Junior Member

Hey guys, first time posting. Ive been searching but cant really find the answer im looking for. Im from north Jersey, and am really getting into commercial plowing this year, always did driveways. So the pricing is a little new to me. Now i know alot of companies do a per season rate, but unfortunately im a little past that point this year. My question is, what is the average going hourly rate for commercial lots plowing around my area? I only have one big lot that basically needs to be baby sat during the day. Im charging $110, with a two hour min for this place. Someone said i should be at $300? Is that nuts or am i wayyyy out of the ballpark with my price?
  2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

That sounds like a good rate for a pickup and a 9 foot or bigger plow.

$300 an hour is absurd, unless you have 2 payloaders running with that pickup.
  3. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

$110 is higher than here. Next year I will go over $100.
  4. Luke S.

Luke S. Junior Member
    from st.paul

We charge $90 per hr here
  5. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I bill at $2.00 per minute for any wheeled/tracked equipment and an operator.
  6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I'm already confused. You're at $110/hr 2hr min so $220 for what someone told you $300? Sounds competitive. Or are you $55/hr $110min?
  7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Now I'm even more confused than before.
  8. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Im almost positive he is saying 110 an hour and someone told him he should be at 300/hour
  9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Haha, $300/ hour.... Good luck with all that!
  10. NortheastSNO

NortheastSNO Member

For 300.00 per hour i would baby sit that lot to, who said 300.00 per hour. Sounds to me like a competitor may be trying to make you price yourself out of business. I have heard this and read this many times ... charge what you have to to make a profit. If profit is a bad word to client the ask how the are staying in business. Know your numbers and dont listen to thd guys that say they get 200.00 per hour per truck or whatever as i promise they ars really only getting a quarter of that. Kind of like a fishing story, fish starts off the size of goldfish and by the time you get home you have caught Moby Dick