1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

per hour price for top kick 6500 w/ plow ?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by trinitysnow, Sep 28, 2008.

1. trinitysnow

trinitysnow Junior Member

I'm looking to put a plow on my top kick 6500 I'm just unsure of the going rate per hour for a truck this size.I'm thinking around a 10' blade any suggestions?
  2. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

too hard to price for you. how many billable hours per winter? if you only plow 50 hrs in a season you need to be alot higher price to cover the overhead of that piece of equipment, is it a 4x4 ? how good are you in a big truck? I try not to bid per hr one of my top guys can do $300/hr on my per time accts a rookie will do about $75/ hr on same acct. per hr scares the customer no way you can quote $300/hr. but it costs them the same as a rookie at a lower rate. that being said i would say for a sub or an hourly contract we see pricing from $75 -$105 for a similar rig.
  3. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

that truck brings me 80 an hour
  4. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

just to show the difference of the pricing depending on where you are in the country i could get 125-145/hr for a truck of that size if you put a salt spreader on the back i can get 150/hr.... my suggestion would be to talk to a contractor see what they offer you maybe plow a year or 2 for them until you can figure what your market will allow
  5. ace landscape

ace landscape Junior Member

i have a similar truck and i usually charge $125 an hour for myne.
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

This guy is in Tahoe, they get buttloads of snow usually. Plus the cost of living is higher.

You also don't want to price yourself out of the market.

What do you normally get? Add some to that to cover the extra costs involved in plowing and the plow and see what happens.