1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

per hour price for hauling snow with Dump truck

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Snow Captain, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Snow Captain

Snow Captain Junior Member
    from MN

What would you charge per hour for a Tri-ax Dump truck hauling snow away for a municipality?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Depends,they may have a set rate for contractors.

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Start at $70-$75/hr. I know a lot of guys who get that around here

4. PLOWTRUCK

PLOWTRUCK Senior Member

we get $75 an hour

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I Sub trucks I charge $100 and I pay Them $75 since some sites they have to be under my insurance So $25 helps pays the extra Insurance that I have to carry for them

6. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

In summer a triaxle gets 120 or more here. Winter being the off season, I figure they would drop to 90 or so. Just a guess.
    I know some outfits would rather not expose their trucks to the salt.

7. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Who are you hauling for? Those are double what guys are getting around here...... pm me if you want.

8. Snow Captain

Snow Captain Junior Member
    from MN

I'm going to throw them a $100-110 per hour # and see if they're willin to pay it..Otherwise I will leave it parked in the shop for the winter.

9. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

I would also love to know who you are hauling for. Been hiring out trucks for a while and best you will usually get is $100

10. Buswell Forest

from NH

Local guy with a Mack Superliner carrying a ridiculously large body. Not mine.
    Truck is a monster. That is what he will charge me to haul my material..Can't say what the average per hr rate is for anyone else..
    Probably should have just kept my mouth shut.

11. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

what is he hauling?

12. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

SNOW, wad ya think? Here it's $130/hr for a dump truck

13. Buswell Forest

from NH

Fieldstone.

14. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

$80-$120 is common. Alot of guys with nice trucks won't haul in the winter and the ones that will normally want the higher end of the pay. Others you can get on the low end or cheaper. Not sure where in MN you are or what muni. your looking to haul for but most have set prices and it's just a yes or no to you.
    If your looking for truck hours try some of the larger snow contractors around almost all hire out trucking.