1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Per Event pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by sectlandscaping, Oct 24, 2011.

1. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

Hey I came up with these numbers. Its a 1" trigger, salt included in price. There actually the same location but PM wants separate prices.

lot 1 no sidewalks 21,000 ft2
    1-4 $131
    4-8 $158
    8-12 $185
    over 12" per hour

lot 2 22,000 ft2 and 1600 ft2 sidewalks
    1-4 $174
    4-8 $218
    8-12 $262
    over 12" per hour

Low, High, what you think?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Can you get away with just salt 1 inch or below? This will save you time and money.

3. sectlandscaping

Yes they said its under my discretion.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I don't like per event/inch pricing. If you plow 3 times and bill him 3 times he might be think 1 12 inch plow so get it in writing for that. Also with inch plowing I don't like is, where were you that your charging for 12 inches,you should of been there already plowing.

5. sectlandscaping

I dont like the 1" trigger if I show up at 1" what do I do wait for the rest to fall? That makes me want to raise the price.

6. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

For us 1" trigger means we plow an accumulation over 1" it does not mean we are coming at 1".
    As for a event pricing structure like you have its not billed per push with per inch prices its billed based on a 24hr event. so if it snows 12 inches in 24hrs and we plow it 3 times its still in the 12" price. same as if we plow it 2 times or 4 times same price. Thats how event pricing for us works anyways.

7. sectlandscaping

Yeah I got that. I think I'm going to raise the price on return trips. The price by itself doesnt look bad but when I figure I might be there twice it seems low. If I add them together it seemed high for a little under a acre. Its the same property the only difference is the one with the walks is a medical building so they have 0 tolerance for slips.