1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Per Event Pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by oman1999, Sep 30, 2010.

1. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

I don't know how many of you are on a per-event basis with your pricing but I'm no longer doing the per-push nightmare anymore. Seasonal contracts aren't really my cup of tea as I do a lot of smaller businesses and no HOA's.

We split up commercial lots by the storm total. 1-5", 5-10" and 10"+

One price per event regardless of trips. Got sick and tired of squabbles over how many times we were on the lot, or how to price out a quick clean-up trip, etc.

Salting is done based on another formula.

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I do it that way and dont get any complaints. Its easier for everyone.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

As of now...I should have a mix of per event, per push, and hourly.

4. aalandscape

aalandscape Junior Member

what is the formula on salting?

5. snobama

snobama Member

wait until you have a 5.1" snowstorm... ha!

6. AEI

AEI Member

If you charge right/enough anything works really! Elements of this business is far from stress free.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  7. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

a good balance of all types of accounts is really the key to making sure you make money in this buisness. that way, doesnt matter if its a dry year, or a blizzard you make money.

the per event is good, i hope when you bid them that your actually figuring that more than half the time you will have to plow them 2-3 times

8. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

On my per-event...salting is a fixed extra charge per occurrence on top of total snowfall.