1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

per event plow /per occurrence??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by vmj, Nov 3, 2011.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Im a small time plow contractor....., The couple of lots that i do r by the inche when plowed. (per push) I received a call today for a lot next to one i do.. i know what to charge per inch, But they asked for a event price to so they can way their options. There is some shoveling involve.. Soo my question is what should the pricing be for per event?? if im at 1-3 -$100 4-6 $150 etc Thanks

2. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I do all of mine per push, and there can be 2 or 3 pushes in a 10 to 12" storm. The last couple of years on the big for me 12" stroms I charged 2 1/2 pushes. No complaints. I think I would average the # of inches per storm for your area, add 25% and give them that price as a per event. Your butt should be covered.

Never-never ever do this for salting! Could cost you a fortune.

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I don't see how you can bid by event, only mother nature knows how much each event is going to produce. It almost sounds like they're looking for a seasonal hybrid type of thing so they can budget for it.
    By the way your increase ratio for different amounts is a good rule of thumb to follow, mine is a 40% bump from the base rate in 2" increments (2-4=$XXX, 4-6 +40%, 6-8+40%, ETC....).

4. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Im guessing a per storm price should be higher, but to what degree... or do u leave it at the per inche price for whole storm pricing..

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Well I guess an option would be to ask them what exactly they're looking for to start with.
    A question you can ask is" a rate by total acumaltion per storm or a flat rate for all storms".
    If they want; a rate by total acumaltion per storm, then it's easy. If they want;a flat rate for all storms, you're going to need to find out what the average acumalltion is, average events per year and go from there to come up with your rate.

6. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Thanks.. talked to them today, and they want a rate per storm. said to do a pass through if needed during day and plowed at end of storm...