1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Peoria IL Winter 2010

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by JohnnyU, Feb 22, 2010.

1. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I didn't see you plowing concrete. Very disappointing.:)

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

you can tell how wet that was by the way it snowballed up, uhg. what was your road speed? I was surprised not to see flyover, even though it looked as if you were doing 15-20 and I don't see a flap on the moldboard.

nothing like a mile long PAVED private drivewaypayup, your good, I would have had a couple of stakes on the opposite side of the woods and a few up by the ranch.

4. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

truck sounded like it got a good workout there

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I would guess 15-20mph. There is the remnants of a windrow on the right side along the field, so I know where I am. It was marked out, but those markers have been covered in snow and plowed into the windrow.

6. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet truck and plow, cool video. :waving:

7. hummer81

hummer81 Member
    from MN

He was, it was bituminous concrete:laughing: Just giving you crap. I would have looked alot better with actual concrete:drinkup: Sorry for the thread jump

8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

LMAO :laughing:

9. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

That's a pretty typical snowfall here. Add to that trying to push up and down hills and the trucks really do get a workout.

10. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice vid dude ! what is that horse farm ? Did you upgrade buyers lights on the blizzard

11. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Agreed.Whether it was the type that supposedly doesn't last or the type that does supposedly last---now that would be interesting to see.

12. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Cool Vid John! I took some vids this am, but havent even taken the time yet to watch them myself to see how they turned out.......either way this was some heavy a$$ stuff and was definitely a test of ones equipment.

:laughing:

13. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

You guys are killing me. :dizzy:

Fun times for sure Mike. I'm really impressed with the road conditions this time. Usually the lots look so much better than the roads, but yesterday and today they seemed about the same. Kudos to City of Peoria, Peoria County and IDOT...

I'm going to make this thread a catch-all for my plowing pics and vids for the rest of the year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  14. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

someting tells me you don't miss that western blade one bit LOL . looks good man I like the buyers lights

15. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Nope, sure don't. :D Thanks, they're a ton better than the sealed beam Western or Blizzard lights that were on there.

16. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Wow, I really hate how the Blizzard Power Hitch light frame doesn't come off with the plow and has to stay on the truck. It's so hard to remove and makes the truck look so ugly.

:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    :laughing: