1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

People are stupid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by meathead1134, Feb 24, 2008.

1. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

After I get my truck fixed I headed back out. I'm driving in the city I approached my first stop about 4 houses away. I put my roof lights on then I slowed down put the truck in 4X4. I put my right turn signal on and start to hug the center line a little bit. I start to make my right hand turn into the driveway ( there is a telephone pole very close to the entrance of the the driveway) when some jerk tries to pass me on the right while on his cell phone. I stopped my truck looked at him and started yelling at him. I hit the gas to my truck and of course I have lost my momentum I pushed the snow about 10 feet up hill. Well he now decides to be nice and let me back out into traffic and try again. I swear my patience were really being tested this last storm.

Who else came across stupid people this last storm.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2008
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I just assume people are going to do stupid things and try and anticipate them. I don't get upset because it's not worth it, I have better thing to worry about.:drinkup:

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

what dave said...you just have to let it go and be concerned with what you need to be doing..i know it gets frustrating to no end but if you do this long enough you learn to live with it and not get too upset

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

ya you will learn not to let it bother you. i got into an accident last year during the valentines day snow storm because some ahole ran a stop sign and wrecked some stuff in my plow. and i had to get it fixed immediately and it worked fine. his car was totaled. the accident wasnt my fault.

5. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Over the years, I've come to expect the worst from people and you know what?......
    I'm not often dissapointed. The main thing to remember is YOU are the professional and I know, it's hard not to get upset at them, but.... we must act the part. You will find they are not worth strokin out over and a professional attitude is actually good for your business image:rolleyes:

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Good advice, my hairs falling out from all my senseless stressing about morons lol.

7. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

Like other have said. If given the option to make a stupid decision more often then not people will make it. Most of the stupidity I notice while plowing is from people in SUV's they think because they have 4wd they are indestructable. Its really tempting to just run these people off the road, but I am the professional and thats how I try to act

Lou

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I never said I followed my own advice, I would've dragged the guy out of the car and beat him senseless. j/k:D

9. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

LOL dave

We see them all the time

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Its not worth getting worked up about, its easier to just shake your head and laugh and keep on working.

My dad always looks at it this way "If it wasn't for stupid people, we wouldn't look so good":D

11. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

meathead i had a lady in a durango do the exact same thing, is swearved and slammed on the brakes otherwise my plow would have opened up her SUV like a can opener.

12. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Meathead, I bet you dont have a CDL Drivers License. I say this becuase you would have failed your test for pulling the maneuver that you did that caused you to almost get hit. You were wrong in this situation. Im only telling you that, brother to brother, MA Plowing Boy to MA Plowing Boy.....;)

13. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

just fire up all the strobes and go people will get out of your way if you act like your not going to stop and wait for them. i usually move at a steady pace but slow enough to be able to stop if someone cuts me off when plowing a lot. but it also depends on how tired i am if i am going to stop for somebody lol :drinkup:

14. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

My modo is if your in a wreck that is caused by an idiot, you get out, ask if their ok, if they say yes, beat them senseless then say now your not but I'm much better.

15. ex-plower

ex-plower Junior Member
    from vermont

How would he have failed?, I know mass is more then a little backwards, but I don't see where he did anything wrong. I've done that exact same thing with a 10 wheeler in front of a city cop and nobody said anything.

16. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

You wanna see some idiots? Try plowing streets for the local city DPW for a living. Holy cow there are some nutty people out there!!

17. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

I encounter at least two mouth breathing morons each storm!