1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Networking' started by DGODGR, Sep 12, 2010.

1. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I am considering doing some work, in Pennsylvania, beginning this fall. I am interested in snow removal for winter work. I have been doing (primarily commercial but some residential too) snow removal contracting since '04 with an excellent customer satisfaction record (references available). Check my signature for my equipment. I also have a 10 whl dump truck, and I will have access to another, and an 18 wheeler if I make the move. I am also considering adding a blade or a Horst snow wing for the loader. We generally don't apply salt or liquid de-icers, in S/W CO, so I don't have any equipment for application. I would be willing to upfit for the right jobs/contracts. I will also have my Western MVP (10'-6" with the wings) mounted by then.
    If I go (I'm actaully making palns to check things out next month) I will be S/W of Pittsburg. Probably in the Canonsburg area. I would like to get any information that I can. Networking, possible sub contracting, leads, suggestions. I am at ground zero now so any replies are welcome.
    Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I can't comment on the Pittsburg scene but 2 hours north is already advertising for subs. You would be one of about a bazzilion plower's. Pittsburg doesn't get a whole lot of snow, maybe a couple good events a season but I'm sure the guys who live there will chime in.

3. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Yeah like brian said we don't get a ton of snow money here is usally in salt pittsburgh is salt crazy and if you don't have a salter/s its going to be kind of tough

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Great game Sunday!

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

haha I never really watched I happened to turn it on at the winning touch down

6. ghost

ghost Member

Sent you a pm about work- Call me ASAP