1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pennsylvania Snow Thread

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Duncan90si, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I think there used to be one of these threads floating around awhile ago, but I figured I'd make a new one. I just got my last plow working properly today so I am pretty much ready for the flakes to fly. Let it snow!!!

2. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

What about that nice new spreader?

3. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Ive been working alittle bit whenever i get a chance last week got the winter tires package on my truck plow is service and ready:dizzy: story for another day . i can run now i'm in middle of building a ballast box

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Up and running here. Ready for the flakes to fly as soon as the leaves are gone!

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

6. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

It should be going on later this week after I get the truck inspected and high mounted brake lights put on. Then the spreader is getting mounted and I'm taking the truck to the hydraulic shop for all new lines, couplers, and to look the whole system over for anything that may become a problem later down the road.

i just finally got the new floor boards welded in. Its so nice to not have to worry about dropping things and watching them fall through the floor. :)

Here is the truck that I'm putting the spreader on guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. SE+C

SE+C Member

Nice truck that is just what i have been looking for as for the plow it is ready and waiting

8. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

just about ready here, a few things to hopefully finish up on my truck tomorrow.

9. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

finshing up fixing the snow blower today

10. GreenManEnvy

GreenManEnvy Senior Member

Plow is ready, although I'm still working on a few extras for the truck ~ automatic chains would be nice!

11. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Nope not ready , i just pulled the blower out of the shed. still havent fired it up yet and i have no salt

12. highlander316

being lazy here, haven't started the snow blowers, or changed the fluid in my plow yet lol. Got a new light bar on my truck though :redbounce

Plow Now likes this.
  13. deere615

I also got a new light bar, whelen slimlight, I am still keeping my rotator on also

14. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I finally got to plow today for the first time of the year. It felt good to drop the blade for the first time. I was really getting tired of salting and salting and salting......

15. deere615

Lucky you! I went out this morning and did a few of my sidewalks. We only had a bout an inch down here. It was real windy though

16. deere615

PS I found you hidden message:)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  17. highlander316

so what does everyone think for tomorrow? They are saying 1-2" accumulating over time here, spread out throughout the day. If there is any accumulation, I'm guessing probably won't be out working till at night. That's nice though, most of my places are closed then, no cars.

18. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

In my area they are calling for 1-2" of snow and sleet tomorrow evening - night. I'll wait and see because the weathermen have not been right once yet this year. According to their forecasts, we should have had 8-14" of snow total by now. Instead we have had maybe 2-3", thats it.

deere615 - You're the first one that has ever mentioned anything to me about it. I kinda forgot about it to be honest.

19. GreenManEnvy

GreenManEnvy Senior Member

I don't know ~ I put the plow back on the other day because it looked promising (and also the forecast called for sunny & clear conditions and I was looking out the window at near-white out conditions with solid accumulation) ~ so naturally the snow stopped.

I'll be taking the plow off tomorrow morning so I can run to a meeting on a potential project, so it will probably snow just enough to convince me to hook the plow back on. At that time, it will grind to a halt... :cry:

20. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

last week i get ready for storm and had nothing but ice then mix then rain then back to mix then snow just enough to fool me we need something cold weather anything . i fig prob once i get done with work i'll need to rush home and get the plow hooked and head out for long night . but that won't happen ;)