1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pedestal mount vs handheld?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by pongow26, Dec 6, 2010.

1. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

I'm thinking about getting a pedestal mount. Currently I have a 7'6" straight blade with a handheld. Im thinking I want a pedestal mount but not sure. Pro's? Cons?
  2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I feel it's just a personal thing,so personally speaking,I favor my joystick--I could never get used to some lap thing.
  3. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

I personally have always preferred haveing the control fixed in place but have not liked the relatively large size of the Boss joystick. In the past I have used Western plows and liked the size of their control. My Boss hand held control was make so that the handle can come off and be mounted someplace with some velcro or double sided tape. I took it a bit further and bought one of the gooseneck control mounts from Western and used the self stick velcro to attach the Boss control to it and I have been pleased with it. Just tossing out another possible solution for you.
  4. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

I thought I would want the joystick when I bought the plow. The handheld with removeable handle came standard, so I thougnt I'd try it. Tried to make my own pedestal mount to save money. That idea soon went south. Paid for the factory Boss pedestal mount. Mounted it to the trans. hump by my right knee. Strong magnet, can remove for the summer, and is easy to reach/operate. I am happy with the handheld and the pedestal mount.