1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Peak Roofing shared this Metal Pless plow video

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

that's fun snow right their!!!

3. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

yeah im dying to plow snow like that. keep getting these stupid 2-3 inch storms. i want a 10-15 inch storm

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I saw that setup before it left Ebling.

Not sure what the Metal Pless cost vs an 8611, but it looks like a much more productive plow than the 8611.

5. Peak Roofing

Peak Roofing Junior Member

Plus 6k assuming you rig the Blizzard with power beyond like the metal Pless. After running hydraulic, I will never go back to electric motors. I love my blizzard 86110lp on my one ton, but since I got this rig, that has only left the driveway to go to the grocery store.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Another 6K on top of the Blizzard?

In snows like that one, the LP's don't compare to the standard 8611.

7. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Damn that thing is moving some snow!

Would a 5075E or 5085E be able to handle that same setup, or would it take more power than those tractors have? No where near that snowfall amount, average snow is no more than about 4 inches.

8. Peak Roofing

Peak Roofing Junior Member

Mark, yes additional 6k over the 8611ss. But its built way better, weighs about 600# more and is 2' wider. For my route it makes sense and I am very happy with it so far.

Jdgreen,
    I'm sure the 5085 would do exactly the same since they are the same tractor and block just a few less HP. Traction is the issue not power from what I understand. The 5075 has a smaller engine and I think the wheel base is shorter so likely a lighter tractor. Not sure how IG would do. The guys around here sell the 5085 but I found this used for too good of deal. So I took the extra HP.

9. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I can fix the weight problem, that's easy. Thank you! Enjoy your new toy!

10. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

A 5095 or 5083 will handle that with ease, just need traction.