1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Payments

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Theshoemaker, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Hello, just wandering if anybody gets a percentage of contract price apoun agreement. For example if i had a 20,000$ contract, would i be able to receive 2,000 (10%) apoun them signing the contract??? If yes, after that, do you divide the balance into the term left on contract?? Example:
    20,000 seasonal contract
    2,000 paid when contract was signed
    -------------------------------
    18,000 remaining
    Divide that by 5 mnths nov-apr.

(5) 3,600 monthly installments???

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

New clients get billed 1st up front (on signing).

Salt-extra contracts get billed monthly for plowing, salt every two weeks.
    Salt-in contracts get billed monthly.
    All are billed at the beginning of the month, due by the end.
    No pay = no service next month.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I do mine in 5 payments ,so the most you'll get burned for is 1 month.Of course it never has happened.

4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

We divide seasonal contracts into either 5 or 6 equal payments. First being due in November. Salt and bagged product in addition to the contract payments normally every other week.

If they sign up late (in Dec) two contract payments due upon signing. If they sign up real late (in Jan) three payments due upon signing.

We do show flexibility and have clients that stretch payments out to 120 days....some even longer.

5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

So you're a bank too?

6. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Hahahahahahahahaha...:laughing: Aren't we all to some degree?

Actually, selective flexibility has proven to be beneficial to both parties.

7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i agree with both points, my point of view is, people who can't pay net 30 days, pay higher rates.

8. Theshoemaker

Formula to make a seasonal contract

Hello all, i have seen a basic equation that i have seen and have experimented with and it follows as:
    price per push x magical number of pushes = seasonal price to plow property

Ok, so i was thinking, how many inches are you qouting the per-push??? I know it will take less time to plow 2 inch event as opposed to a 6 inch storm. So, if you bid the per push at 2" x the magical number you would get a price, but what if most of your pushes are 4-6 inches??? That would take more time therefore you are going to lose money because you bid the job at say 4 hrs at 2" rather than the 6" that has been occuring.

Basically i'm asking how to get around this situation. Do i bid it at 4" or 2" or what as my base per push.

Thanks again

9. Theshoemaker

oops disreguard last post i meant to post new thread

10. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

That "magical #" needs to be based on the number of pushes you have done on average in years past. Seasonal pricing is not for someone without good information of seasons past. Total annual snowfall means nothing. You gotta know your # of pushes.

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Bid it seasonal!