1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rcplowguy, Jan 31, 2011.

1. rcplowguy

rcplowguy Junior Member

Hey guys what's the average amout fo money to pay subs.
    Me and my buddy work all day and if we get a call that cant wait and we have to call one of our buddies to plow a drive for us and I charge the custiomer $25 what amount of that is reasonable to give to the sub? Thanks for your input!
  2. JohnRoscoe

JohnRoscoe Senior Member

To pay a professional who makes a living doing snow removal in the winter months a fair wage for a customer that you're plowing at hobby wages and kept him from getting?

No less than twice what you get now- $50.
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have a few friends in my area that I would help out and they would do the same for me. If they had to go out of there way to take care of some of my accounts I would pay them what I bill out for it. Now if they are a dedicated sub then they get what we agreed upon at the beginning of the season. I just think it is fair as you are asking him a favor. So if you get $25 for the drive I would give him $25 and if you get $50 then $50 it is. And maybe the first round of beers when you are out at the bar.
  4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Love it! Thumbs Up
  5. rcplowguy

rcplowguy Junior Member

I feel the same way!

Berkartsplow, thanks for your reply this is what we are currently doing and I feel much better that you feel the same, I think it's only fair! Thanks Again Rich

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

lol at $25 dollar driveways.
  7. rcplowguy

rcplowguy Junior Member

Is that not enough?

Is that not enough?
  8. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

I guess it depends on where you are, what the market is, and the size of the driveway.
    For that price, they gotta be friends that are close and quick, with no shoveling.
  9. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Rcplowguy it totally depends on your area, and size of the driveway. Around her $25 a drive on a 2-4 inch trigger is decent money. A shoveling crew around her does 6-8 places a hour with 2 guys, and drive time, that includes walks, stairs, decks, etc.
  10. rcplowguy

rcplowguy Junior Member

buckwheat thanks

Thanks for the input much appreceiated, $25/drive is reasonable around here.
  11. mcdevi90

mcdevi90 Junior Member
    from nj

i wouldnt go for 25
  12. rcplowguy

rcplowguy Junior Member

what do you charge

what do you charge if $25 is to low?