1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

paying sub

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Oct 21, 2005.

1. im going to sub out some work and will be paying the guy $45hr it i bid out the jobs at $60 would this be good or should i bid them out at more then 60hr.

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

JTS I don't know where Hudsonville is but over here in Waterford MI I bill at $125.00 a hour. How can you make any money at $60.00 a hour?

Regards Mike

3. plowman350

plowman350 Senior Member

Greetings

I have some friends in good ole' hooterville. I live in SE michigan and can tell you for a fact that there is a ENTIRELY different cost of living in Wateford Vs. Hudsonville. I would definitely expect the cost in waterford to be higher, maybe not double.....but definitely significantly higher.

4. Lawnboy67

Lawnboy67 Junior Member

Well Grand Rapids is getting rates from $50.00 per hour to $90.00 per hour, and along the lake shore its only about $45- 55 per hour but the lake shore averages about 35 or more pushes per year.
    Hope this helps.

5. MikeD520

MikeD520 Junior Member

I'm trying to figure something out... I used to plow and salt for very large grounds maintenance firm through a small landscaper and I was his subcontractor. Last year I go my one employee and four friends (with plows) to plow for the small landscaper for his contract with the grounds maintenance firm. This year I was contacted by the grounds maintenance firm to submit a list of available equipment and my rates. I used to get paid $65 per hour to salt or plow, now my question is what do I charge the grounds maintenance firm for my fleet of equipment??? It sounds like subs (like I was for a few years) get paid $50 to $75 and the "middle" contractor gets paid $100-$125 per hour. Any thoughts or suggestions???? By the way, I am not a landscaper, mower, etc. I have a pest control company. Just throwing that out there, because in my area most snow guys are involved with landscaping one way or another. I appreciate anyone's thoughts.