1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

paying my respects...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kevinwebster1, Dec 2, 2006.

1. kevinwebster1

kevinwebster1 Member

Well this is my first year in plowing and we finally got hit with out first big winter storm here in kansas a couple days ago. was about 1-1.5 inches of ice then 8-10 inches of snow on top payup . just thought i would show some respect to all those out there plowin cuz its not as easy as it looks. the good news is, i really enjoyed doin it. we were up from 11 pm wed. night to about 8 pm friday plowing. snuck in about 3 hours of total sleep in that time frame. anyway, here is to the plow men, :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

It gets to be addicting. Wait till you start dreaming about it after a long week of doing battle with Mother Nature. Then you wake up and want to go plow something !
  3. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

I dreampt last night I raised my plow so high going down the road I couldnt see the road.

I need it to snow before I lose my mind.

4. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

I SWEAR TO GOD,, my partner is at our place plowing the asphalt into little piles...he's already lost his mind though.
  5. mojob

mojob Member

I'm in the same boat. I got my feet wet for the first time the other day. Like you said, it's not as easy as it looks. I tip my hat to all the seasoned pros here and yeah, I'm hooked. It's worse than crack, or so I've heard. Can't wait for the next storm.
  6. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

we got like a1/4 inch of snow last night, and it all blew up into a little drift in front of the door about 1/2 inch deep, so I got the 930G out and pushed it up this afternoon, it made a pile about 8 inches high, I was pretty excited about it! LOL
  7. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

That was great!
    I know I cant wait to have snow forecasts for the next day, so I can get no sleep looking forward to snow and watching the weather channel, calling all my guys.... and all to stay up for 48 more hrs.
    It is addicting but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
  8. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Wow, I must be doing something wrong. Kansas and Oklahoma get loads of snow, yet New England gets sh!t! :cry:
  9. kevinwebster1

kevinwebster1 Member

yea, dont get too hot n bothered by it though. i think they were sayin we hadn't had a storm like that in kansas city in 20 years or something. but im hoping for more just like it!
  10. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

that was a crazy week of weather we had......
    monday cold and rainy
    tuesday 70 deg and sunny
    wednesday ice and 15 deg

we missed all of the snow up here, but i heard Clinton got 28" did you see all of the boat marinas at the lake??
  11. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Im getting nutty too! I go out and play around in the Deere with the topsoil pile. "Yeah i can square that pile up a little more, oops did i just make it look worse, gotta clean it up again" Cookoo cookoo:dizzy:
  12. kevinwebster1

kevinwebster1 Member

no i didnt see all that unfortunatly. i was happy with the 8 or so we got! the bad thing is they are sayin to too so long for mother nature to drum that up that iwe prolly wont have snow for a long while. where are you from and what company are you with?
  13. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i live in maryville (about 100 miles north of downtown kc). i own/operate a small roofing company up here. i'll be honest i hope we don't get any snow at all, we are so busy with roofs right now. it pays the bills much better and i get done at 5 pm every day.