1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pavement and Gravel?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 7.3powered, Nov 4, 2010.

1. 7.3powered

7.3powered Junior Member

A client has asked me to bid his companies parking lot and half of it is hard surface and the other half is gravel... first of all how would i go about plowing the gravel without relocating their gravel? or is it their problem? and second of all does it matter what kind of surface it is within the bid? in other words should I charge the same or extra for the gravel parking lot/semi truck docks?

2. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

I would charge the same. There is always going to be gravel moved, as gravel lots tend to never always have high/low spots from traffic but obviously there is something wrong if youre digging into the ground and moving tons of gravel. Once the ground freezes the gravel will stay put for the most part. Some will say put on plow shoes, others will say just watch how low your blade is. Ive done them both ways and to me not really a big difference unless the ground is frozen solid and the rocks in stuck in their nice.

3. 7.3powered

7.3powered Junior Member

Excellent... I was thinking of plow shoes as well but that definitely makes sense about the gravel staying....I'm new to this, and I appreciate all the input. Thanks a bunch!

The Cutting Edge Lawn Service
    Jonathan Wymore

4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

theres no way you can plow on gravel as fast as you can on paved surface