1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pattern Selection

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Mad Max 4x4, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Mad Max 4x4

Mad Max 4x4 Member

How can I change the pattern selection on my whelen guardian from inside my truck? It has a cig. plug on it with on/off switch.I know that you need to add 12 volts to the white wire (less then a sec.) but thats inside the light bar.Just trying to think how i can do it.Can you guys think of something. THANKS MAD MAX
  2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

well most whelen bars if you get the peramanent version .. come with 3 wires pos neg and (pos pattern) ... id go back to place where you bought it . and ask them if they have any cigar cords with pattern switch attached to them .. i know they make them .. they come with the able 2 Mini Led Bar ..

or see if they have a permanent cord with three wires in it .. then just rewire the bar ..
  3. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

With the Whelen Guardian it comes standered withthe Comet flash pattern and i thinkthats the only one on the mag mount

JCGERB Junior Member

Hey Mad Max

Unless for some reason you want to change the pattern often, you could power the wire momentarily at the light. As you stated less than a second changes the pattern, and if that pattern is running for more than a second then that pattern is the new default. See page 4 if you dont have this sheet.

5. jblankster

jblankster Junior Member

i would run the white wire to a second switch and hook it to power aswell, then press it quickly to change patterns.
  6. Mad Max 4x4

Mad Max 4x4 Member

I don't have the permanent mount guardian, It would be nice to find a 3 wire thats raped all together that I can run from light to my cig. lighter,one for on/off, the other for pattern change. were can a I find one Thanks Guys MAD MAX
  7. Mad Max 4x4

Mad Max 4x4 Member

Can I use a cord from another light that has the on/off,pattern on the cig. plug were can i get one Thanks MAD MAX