1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder snowplows and dump inserts.....thought I would share, not looking to buy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ACA L&L, Jan 3, 2012.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

found this by accident, not looking to buy one but thougfht i would share what i found.........the dump insert looks decent, plow not to sure about, the trip edge model has no springs like to full trip model........considering the dump insertt.
  2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Not sold on the trip edge design. It utilizes a shoe and it looks like there is no real down pressure on the cutting edge.

As for dump boxes in 3/4 ton, 1ton PU trucks, Unless your just hauling brush or grass clippings, it takes away from the payload of the truck that doesn't have much to begin with.

3. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

A few years back i was going to buy one but I did not like that he has no dealers . He just sells them from his shop in RI and I didn't go down in a storm with no support. I did talk to a guy in town a few yrs ago who had one (plowing for the town) he said he liked it better than his fisher he had.
    There is another co out there( I think viking) and they use that same system. The town of ashland use them on all there f 350 and 550s.
  4. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

I guess it would be a safe bet if you lived and used the pow in his area.......the dump box would mainly be used for grass clippings but also hauling rock to jobs, in a 3/4 ton truck. But im guessing shipping would be outrageos, the dumperdogg is sold here in town for 2499. installed
  5. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

The dumper sits up pretty high, how to climb in and out is there a step somewhere ? or has anyone made one and attached to bumper , frame?
  6. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Some one on this site a few yrs ago had some issues with there dump .
  7. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

My sub uses one to plow with his F350 and another contractor here has 3-4 of them. The trip edge works with a piece of urethane that is bolted to bottom of plow, bends 90 degrees and then holds the steel edge. All I can say is it works really well. Has a steep angle and really scrapes well and also rolls snow well without a foil. He has the older mount setup which basically copied Fisher and the belt drive hydraulics (95 F350). After 10 years he had to replace the urethane trip last year.

Overall the plow is very stout and works just as well if not better then other plows out there. Limiting factor would be the lack of dealer network but we are close to RI.
  8. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

The owner or someone called, very nice guy, explained that he would send additional parts box, the I wanna say the pump and motor or built in grand rapids michigan, pretty much any plow is 3400, shipping past the mississippi is about $1400, $1300 on dumper box, the guy stands behind what he manuf. if your slightly interested call him, its too much for us to consider it, but, a dump box for $1600 eithout sides, thats a good deal, 9ft long.....anyway thought i would share the call, sorry i cant remember more he was very detailed.
  9. bswalks

bswalks Member

I had one about 10 years ago on my F450. It gave me nothing but trouble from
    the first time I used it. Constantly needed repairs. I did call & speak to somebody @
    Pathfinder. While they seemed concerned, & willing to help,
    I had had enough of the plow. Ended up doing some fabrication to the truck mounts, put
    on a 9ft fisher
  10. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

The plows work well. They roll snow better than anything I have ever used. The mould board has the perfect curl.Unfortunately the frames are cobbled together out of one standard design. Bits and pieces welded every where.The shop is a hole and the owner is a piece of work. I know, I live 7 miles away. I run a Boss and drive an hour for parts. Think there might be a reason?
  11. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

The guy I talked to was a real salesman.....the costs of shipping alone is a deal killer on the dump box, but the guy was really proud of what he was selling, seemed a little to willing to throw in all kinds of free stuff, extra pump, parts, cab protector, lining for dump bed.....wanted to give me 20% off if i bought plow and dumper........if i was his neighbor i might consider it but being on the other side of the us it would make no sense for me to. 1. take the risk with no support 2. the shipping costs 3. unknown factor of it all.
  12. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

So what's your affiliation robleehone? Since you are the poster of the 2 YouTube videos?

Funny how these things pop up like that.....