1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder dump insert with spreader.Help

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Bolts Indus., Jan 30, 2004.

1. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Pathfinder dump insert with spreader. Need info. Comments both negative and positive please.

2. KUJAWA RSK

KUJAWA RSK Member
    from PA

THEY ARE GOOD BUT EZ-DUMPER MAKES ONE
    I HAVE A EZ-DUMPER IT WORKS GOOD IT IS ABOUT 1,500.
    GO ON WWW.EZ-DUMPER.COM I USE IT FOR LANDSCAPING &
    SALTING.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2004
  3. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Did you get their unit??

I wish I had something good to tell you about my experience but it had been a mess.

The unit they delivered me came missing parts and damaged. After several calls to Fred Horn the owner, I was promised a replacement that never came, I was promised missing parts, they never came. I than loaded the dumper with about 1 1/2 yard to dirt and the unit would not raise at all. After shoveling out about 2/3 still would not lift. Had to have three guys stand on the tailgate to get the dumper to raise. When I asked Fred about is he gave me a story about how the unit was only rated for 4300lbs of lift and if I expected it to lift more than that I need to load to the rear 60% of the dumper. That would put the load well rear of the rear axle. Why would I do that?

Finally, I demanded the unit to be picked and my money refunded. That is were I stand now. I have decided to replace the unit with a Downeaster unit and a downeaster tailgate spreader.

Hope that helps.

4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

No I went with TruckCraft all aluminum insert dumper. A lot more money but you get what you pay for. Am pleased with it and have become their dealer for my area.

5. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Well you are right about getting what you pay for, sometimes when you think it is wprth risking it you win some and you lose some.

I also upgrade one of my plows to a 810 this season and added a second 810 to my 05 F-350. Again pay some more but get better equipment that gets the job done fast and easier is waht improves the margins.

6. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I have both the 810 and the TrckCraft and swear by both.