1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

passing gear

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by campi, Oct 14, 2003.

1. campi

campi Member

another problem?? i have th 400 trans 1980 1 ton chevy i saw a post about trans?? here is problem I saw WYLDMAN anser ouestion for some one else !! plus he helped me !! thanks now i have switch by gas pedel and i have outlet on drivers side of trans but NO wire i should think i could trace colored wire and hook it up??? my question is i just have switch by gas pedel ( detent) ???? what activates it at full throtle nothing touches the switch could use some help!!!!! Thanks Campi!!!!:drinkup:

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Just find the wire (probably tucked up in the frame somewhere),and hook it up.It should have power with the key on,and the switch depressed (full throttle) to make the trans downshift.

Hot wire from IGN fuse should be pink\black,and the wire going out to the trans is usually orange in color and goes out through a grommet in the firewall.