1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Passenger seatbelt gets tighter and tighter

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Dai Maxwell, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Dai Maxwell

Dai Maxwell Junior Member
    from Texas

First, the makes of the vehicles are a 2002 Tahoe and a 2004 2500 diesal.

Basically, the passenger side seatbelt tightens as much as it can, but will not loosen unless you unlatch it and latch it again. Sometimes, the door must be opened and then the belt redone. Others, nothing makes a difference. I can't even access the radio/ac controls when it's fully tightened.

Is this a defective seatbelt or a new design? I mean, with the Tahoe, I thought the belt was just breaking, but with this brand new truck (a week old), it's making me wonder.

2. CHPL

CHPL Member

If it is the passenger seatbelts that are latching down it is due to the fact that they are designed to retain child safety seats. If you pull the belt out to the end of its travel it will click as it goes in and not come out unless retracted all the way.
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I don't wear seatbelts. I think just as dangerous as they are safe.
  4. GPB

GPB Member

So thats why that darn belt keeps tightening up. I could never figure out why sometimes it would do it, other times not. Boy do I feel dumb. :eek:

HDROCK Junior Member

I had this problem with my 2000 Suburban and my 2001 2500 HD. The dealer put new rollers in and they work fine now. I hated getting sucked into the seat like that it was really annoying. I actually thought there was a TSB out on it now so Iam not sure why the 2004 is messing up. But if it does not release then there is a problem.