1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Parts

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Rob, Jun 17, 2001.

1. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Does anyone know of a good source for older model Dodge truck parts ? I had someone ask me about where he could get parts for a 1975 W200 model Dodge the other day but I had no ideas. (Not sure that was the correct model, but I do remember that it is one of the snofiter models.) I did a search using Google, got a couple of pretty good looking hits but after he called the companies, he generally got the 'we don't do that anymore / we don't carry parts for that model, only the real vintage models' kind of response. Fortunately, the truck is running pretty good right now, but he was looking for a place he can get some parts when the inevitable happens.
    Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

2. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

J.C. Whitney has some replacement parts.

Or on Lawnsite the is a link to nationwide parts search.

3. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

4. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Rooster: 1'st post at 9:30 pm mentioning the link, 2'nd post at 3:00 am saying "Finally found the link".

Now THAT's dedication! ;) :D

Joking aside, thanks for posting that link because it covers a l-o-t of different makes/models - including my own "rare bird" 1977 Mercury Capri (the ones built over in Eurpoe)

5. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

6. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Thanks for the info, looks like a pretty cool site, I'll check it out.

Thanks again.

7. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Dodge had the longest running body style. I believe it's 1969 - 1991, that the body style stayed the same, and most parts will interchange.

~Chuck

8. rolandpell

rolandpell Junior Member

Www.car-parts.com I'm There

I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW I WORK IN A RECYCLING YARD WITH PARTS FOR MANY OLDER TRUCKS AND CARS . ASK AND YOU WILL SEE. SEE MY WEB SITE YOU'LL UNDERSTAND.
    WWW.NSAUTORECYCLING.COM
    THANKS AGAIN ,
    ROLAND

9. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

72-93 Dodge trucks are VERY simular, but there are some differences.

Dodge Trucks from 72-80 used the same sheetmetal (more or less)
    81-93 used the same sheetmetal

The FRAMES from 72-93 are almost identical, and can be interchanged, as can most suspension/driveline parts (some will require a little work, but no real issues)

:)

What type of parts was your friend looking for? I've got a couple of connections for parts....have him contact me, and I'll see what I can do to help out.