1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Parts To Keep On Hand In An Emergency?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Allagash, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

What are some common parts to keep on hand for either a Blizzard 800 or 810? If it's 3am and a part malfunctions, what typically might be wrong that having the right part to fix it might solve?

I would assume that not everyone on this site lives close enough to their dealer that it would be feasible for them to take a trip over to have them fix (assuming they are open) whatever is broken.
  2. MBB

MBB Senior Member

Blizzard has a kit listed on their web sight. Listed as $149.00
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Cylinder hoses, hitch pin with hair pin cotter, cylinder clevis pin with cotter, solenoid, corrosion preventive compound (2 oz.) and 10A fuses.
  4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

If you are in the business to supply snowplowing for a customer and the requirements are to have them open say before a supporting dealer opens. Then you should have the fallowing avalable incase you have a brake down.

1 complete 4x4 truck with plow atched ready to work.

Anything else you are taking a chance.
  5. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

I'm a small time operator at the moment doing only residential, however, I've got a buddy doing the same and we help each other out in the event of one of our trucks / plows breaking down.

I just want to make sure I've got "the usual suspects" on hand in the event of an emergency. If I can duck into my shop and fix it relatively quickly, I'd like to have the option of having the parts in stock.
  6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Dwan, I must say one thing to you on that reply...

Jueanu things some people in the southeren 48 don't or don't want to admit.
  7. MBB

MBB Senior Member

pins hoses electrical parts ( to jump splice replace ect.) spare truck ready to go, buddy who subs from me with his own set up, Plus a back up driver just incase. Extra snowblower also. Tow strap or chain, come-a long. At Least I try to keep up with Murphy. This season 7 commercial, 30 drives.