1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

parts gurus-91 front gas tank compatibility?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kurtandshan, Aug 30, 2011.

1. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Hi all,
    I have 1991 front gas tank, still in the box. I bought it for my '91 F350 4X4 but got rid of the truck before I put it on. I have had the tank for almost ten years. My question is, will this tank fit on any model years AFTER 1991??? Namely a '92 f150 2wheel drive. I also have a transfer case mount/cross brace. same question(obviously not putting it on the above '92)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I would think if it's in the same position and same volume tank it would work. Look up the tank for the two years on like Advance auto parts site. See if you have the same part numbers. The cross member would not be on there. I don't remember when they went to a single pump system. Which would make a differance.

3. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Thanks! I checked and it appears it will fit several years either way. See you in the want ads!