1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Parting out 96 Ram 2500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by PerfiCut Inc., Aug 19, 2008.

1. PerfiCut Inc.

PerfiCut Inc. Senior Member
    from Eastern

I have a 96 ram 2500 v10 - rebuilt tranny I am parting out. Green/Grey in color.
    Baltimore, MD area

rob@perficut.net

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

im looking for a few parts from that year dodge... can u send me a PM when u rreach 10 messages

3. PerfiCut Inc.

from Eastern

sure, or you could email me

4. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

4x4 shift actuator how much shipped to 44287

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

how many miles on the trans??? and how much for it. also do you have a pic of the truck?

6. ShoreLineCT

ShoreLineCT Junior Member

Wiring

Do you have any truck side wiring for a Fisher MM21 or MM2 3 plug setup?

7. padude2004

padude2004 Junior Member

trans

how much for tranny please?

8. PerfiCut Inc.

from Eastern

If I have to take the transmission out, I'd like $1500 for it. It has about 100 to 150 miles on it. If you take it out, you can have it for $500. Or for $750 you can take the whole truck.

9. PerfiCut Inc.

from Eastern

I have a truck side mount and wiring for a Western Unimount.

10. PerfiCut Inc.

from Eastern

11. PerfiCut Inc.

from Eastern

12. bosslover

bosslover Member

how are the doors a rockers and where are you located

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  13. PerfiCut Inc.

from Eastern

These are fine. Very Little rust, surface spots mostly.

Located in 21060 zip.

14. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

where is eastern? how much for the rims and side mirrors

15. PerfiCut Inc.

from Eastern

21060 (Glen Burnie, MD)
    Make an offer.

16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

whats wrong with the truck? how many miles? engine run?? any major issues?

17. PerfiCut Inc.

from Eastern

I bought the truck about 4 or 5 years ago. Had 68k miles i think at the time. I used it for a couple seasons for plowing of a few lots. During the summer we just used it for runs to the local landfill. It has about 78k or so miles on it now.

Babied it for a while knowing the transmission was on its way out. Finaly went out in December of last year. I took it in, in February I think, had the transmission rebuilt. Then the truck started running like c r a p . Didnt have any power, kept backfiring. Took it in, DODGE said "Tune UP" $800 bucks later, truck ran a little better, but still bucked every now and then. Dodge said it could be a clogged injector, could be a bad fuel pump, could be a lot of things. Suggested running high test for a while. So we did. Problem only got worse. Took it back in, they said everything is pointed towards the ignition coil(s). Replaced them, but the problem is still there. They then said it looks like a ctylitic converter problem. May be a flipped baffle. During their testing, they broke off the oxygen sensor. Told me, they couldnt proceed any further without knowing if I was going have the work done or not, since there was so much rust, they were afraid to test or break off anything else. At $900 each for the catylitic converters I told them NO. I've put enought money into the truck as it is. gotta cut your losses somewhere.

It still runs, but runs like cr a p.

To be honest with you. If you have the time, the know how, and a place to work on it, it's probably something a mechanicaly inclined person could fix at a reasonable cost. I dont have place or the time, and I cant see giving my money to a dealer who only wants to replace one thing at a time instead of trying to narrow the problem down.

The truck is 12 years old. It cleans up prety nicely, but it does have a lot of rust underneath and in the bed. The interior is aging, the roof liner is sagging, and the drivers seat is worn out. Prety much all the little power options still work or have been replaced. I'm going to try and part out what I can, then the rest goes to the recycle yard.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  18. elite1msmith

from chicago

hey rob i sent you an Email,

19. elite1msmith

from chicago

my 01 has a similar problem , still dont know whats wrong

20. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

screw paying $900 for the cat get an after market or hollow it out

but it does sound like an injector but is your check engine light on?

the dealer ship you took it too sounds like they are RIPPING you off big time

my bet would the incectors or TB clean it with plowing i know i have got salt in mine and it did some really funny things with my old ford i took the carb off to find a whole lot of black oil crap with salt and rust mine i couldnt fix cause after cleaning it i broke one of the screws to idle it so it was running really high and leaking gas on the motor so got a new one and it was fixed

but i also did a tune up (no wires, plugs, all new fluids,) and it was good again so i sold it and got my 1995 dodge that i 3 years later blew the tranny then got a 02 that im not gonna plow with any more

but i have 4 injectors you can have for $75 shipped they worked good when they were on my other truck they came from the 5.9L these are like $100 each new so real good deal there